Hull Armor of the M1 Abrams

I read everything posted in bug reports. 0 unambiguous confirmations of DU hull composite in a mass-production abrams variant.

176? that doc only goes to 116 on my end

1 Like

Hi. This unambiguous enough for you?

39 Likes

That is a problem of your reading comprehension and not the provided documents.

4 Likes

Yes. Now find a second source since Gaijin always asks for two to corroborate.

Sorry here is a better version:

DTIC ADA300522: Ballisticians in War and Peace. A History of the United States Army Ballistics Research Laboratory. Volume 3. 1977-1992, : Defense Technical Information Center : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

4 Likes

I mean you can complain about it. But Gaijin is quite specific in this devblog they haven’t read any good evidence. I happen to agree with them on this.

Want things to change? Find better evidence.

Imgur

Done. Its like people always forget the previous sources. I think we might just have to include an entire 1 picture that has them all or the gold fish memory kicks in.

21 Likes

Separate source, first one I posted is Tanks by Michael Haskew. This one is Armored Cav: Guided Tour, by Tom Clancy.

4 Likes

you sure its page 176? that page is about system engineering with no mention to armour. heck the entire pdf doesnt reference the M1A1 heavy or DU when doing a search, sorry if im being an idiot just wanna make sure is all

Gaijin decides what is a trustworthy source based upon their opinion and not fact. Real Official documents are being denied. We saw this with the stinger missile where they said and i Quote. We dont “believe” it can pull 22 Gs. Believe being the key word here and denying actual sources.

12 Likes

5 Likes

If they don’t want to give us DU armor it’s… ok (not). Then give us the upgraded hull front armor starting with the M1A1 HA/HC which should bring the hull front armor to 500-600mm RHAe vs KE.

• M1A1 hull front armor weighs 3,115lbs.

• M1A1 HA hull front armor weighs (Unknown).

• CATTB hull front armor was not upgraded over a unspecified M1A1 (M1A1 HA) and weighs 4,060lbs.

• If the CATTB’s hull front armor is the same as the M1A1 HA, the M1A1 HA hull front armor weighs 4,060lbs.

• “As of 1989, the frontal armor of the M1 tank has risen to 1000-1200mm RHA against shaped charge and 500-600mm against kinetic energy projectiles” which tank was in development in 1989? The M1A1 HA.

The M1A1 HA (1989) clearly has upgraded armor over the M1A1, or they installed a new 945lbs radio inside the hull front armor module?

9 Likes

Gaijin addressed this source.

So I would say that you might be able to justify inclusion of the hull composite.

1 Like

ah sweet, its 176 in the document but page 188 in the pdf thats why i couldnt find it

Daniel already provided more.

1 Like

Never trust digital page numbers as a heads up for research.

1 Like

@Stona_WT so you want to tell us that those 5 abramses in tank school have armor that is worth more than 100 million of usdollars? Only FY2004 states 89.7 Million dollars for hull uparmoring :D
And i was thinking that leclercs were expensive, while only hull armor for abrams costs 20 mil bucks XD

6 Likes

The point of this is the usual point.

Marketing brochures make claims, which are technically true in very limited circumstances.

Is it at all possible a stinger can pull 22g? Yeah probably, but since Gaijin AFAIK implements single axis G pull in a more general sense, then they can turn around and disagree with it.

Plane G load is a good example, because those use sets of curves giving you a lot more information and they specify fuel loads, various altitudes etc. It’s a comprehensive set of information.

“Can pull 22g” is a statement which needs some more context to be usable.

If you want historical accuracy, then give it the M829A3 from SEPv2. If you think the M829A3 affects game balance or is unimportant, then give the DU armor back to the M1 series. If you don’t want to give M1A2 new shells or armor, then please lower the weight of M1A2 and above. I think the gaijin team just needs a reason to refuse to strengthen the US land combat technology tree, rather than considering the problem from a real or balanced perspective. As a game developer, this game development team is undoubtedly unqualified or failed.

9 Likes