The Bomber Buffs have broke Air RB. Air Realistic battles now last very long because of the the bombers flying at high altitude bombing bases. It is already hard enough to get to the bombers to destroy them but this wasn’t a problem because people wouldn’t play bombers as much until now. Now that the Bombers are buffed, everyone plays the bombers. Because of this reason, Air RB games are full of bombers. It is already hard to kill them because of there high altitude but now that they are practically invincible, its even harder to kill them.
Tips to kill bombers:
1st trick. [ Rocketing ]
I personally start sniping them from afar trying to zoom in to see if I am leading correctly and than I try to get the gunners from afar. after I got the gunners I close the gap and try to rocket them. this is efficient considering how hard it is to kill them normally.
2nd trick [ Pilot Sniping ]
You can also pilot snipe them for quicker kills but its more risky. In my opinion, I think flying higher up but directly above it is easier. I usually just stay higher up right above the bomber and than dive at a -30 degree to gain speed and get in front of the bomber but still higher above it. when you think the arc is good tur of your engine and go directly down. For better and safer engagements, try to aim up where the bomber will be when you at the same altitude as it so you can dive directly onto the nose of the bomber. Here are some tips so the fight goes your way. Always turn off your engine when diving onto the bomber so it doesn’t here you and than start firing at the cockpit directly. Also DO NOT start shooting the bomber before knowing your sure you can hit the cockpit. It might alert the bomber and the bomber will start firing form its turrets turning you into a fireball in 3 seconds of spraying. Even if you hit the bomber before you die it will damage the gunner if you lucky. it also works if you teammates are distracting it while you come in from the side and spray the cockpit.
3rd trick [ Using Bombers against Bombers ]
I find this the most effective way to get rid of other bombers for obvious reasons. I usually start spraying the cockpit. it is better if you have a gunner on the belly of your plane so you can spray its cockpit while lowering the chances of the other bomber sniping my pilot(s).
The worst part is new players playing Air RB without knowing much will go for the engines because the tips say that the “bomber will now go far without its engines and to target the engine” but in this case it is not true at all and it will probably get you killed and give you maybe a hit or crit.
I advise you use planes with a good caliber gun like 20 - 30 mm guns with a lot of ammo like the A-10 for example but your not getting to the bomber’s altitude in a A10.
That will be all for this news hope the people reading got some new info and I hope i helped someone.