How can ww1 aircraft be implemented into air discussion

World War I (WW1) Aircraft Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces)

5 Likes

personally its complete ly possible because they said they where never gonna add coldwar or modern aircraft low and behold we have so why not add ww1 and modify maps for smaller game play

2 Likes

WW1 aircraft could/should definitely come to the game at some point. It would be very interesting and cool to see the start of aerial combat. There aren’t many games like War Thunder and even less that let you experience the Great War especially the birth of air warfare (think mostly Battlefield 1, IL-2 WW1 DLC’s and Rise of Flight (can’t believe I forgot that)) and introducing WW1 aircraft to the game would allow more people to experience it.

While they would be pretty slow and have weak guns they could work. Maybe add a rank 0 and add them as the new reserve tier or maybe have them as a separate tree like how Bluewater and Coastal ships are split.

There are some very interesting options that could be added aswell, we could get such iconic aircraft as the Fokker Dr1, Sopwith Camel, Bristol B2 and many more. Along with iconic aircraft we could see commemorations to the pioneer Aces of the war such as Manfred von Richthofen, Rene Fonck, William Bishop, Werner Voss and many more.

There would be a great opportunity to reintroduce the Po-2 back to the tech tree or have it be a reward from a proper event where everyone has a chance to receive it instead of the yearly races that are swarmed by sweats.

The introduction of WW1 aircraft would open the doors for WW1 tanks, they would again have pretty bad performance but could again be solved the same way as WW1 air. We already have a couple of WW1 tanks in game, granted none that served during the Great War but ones that were being developed and built throughout it but ultimately finished not long after the war was over. One of which being the Char 2C was being developed during the later part of the war and finished in 1921.

We already have ships that served during WW1 so naturally the next steps would be to go back and add aircraft and later on tanks from WW1.

World War 1 is a very important and interesting part of history seeing as how much it advanced the technology of warfare, it could have lots to offer War Thunder and would be a fantastic addition to the game.

4 Likes

You forgot Rise of Flight :D

I hope some day my beloved Albatros D.II, D.III, D.V and D.Va and the Fokker Dr.1

fokker-triplane5
fokkerdr148cl_1

And there are soooooooo many more, this is just a small sampling of some I have downloaded over the years. There are a few WW I Aerial Combat games, but I think that WT could do a much better job. The true dogfighting is prolly the thing I like most about War Thunder and adding in this sort of “era” would certainly make a lot more of that available to the players . . . I would support this very much. Even if it were entirely separate from what we have now .

2 Likes

Just added it, cannot believe I forgot about that.

1 Like

my first suggestion was just to add a few as platform lauched planes like sopwith pup and bristol f2 which is just a test for them they be mounted on plat forms on top of battle ship turrets just to test them for air realistic matches for the player base

hms repulse and a sopwith pup
The Millionaires’ Unit - New Documentary About The First U.S. Naval ...

unknow
Scouting Airplanes

hms valiant and sopwith pup

Image result for ww1 naval platform planes

ijn yamashiro
Aircraft Launching Devices of the Imperial Japanese Navy: Vol 1B ...

uss texas bb 35
Battleship Photo Index BB-35 USS TEXAS

1 Like

While a good idea I think they would be a pretty limited test. Something like the April Fools events but based on WW1 would be a better test in my opinion.

1 Like

Also, with most Air RB fights being low level dogfights, WW1 planes would feel right at home!

I can’t wait to see someone drag a Sopwith Camel to top tier ARB and then get an ace in it.

1 Like

Same

Yes. I want to scare new players in a red Fokker triplane

Yup, sameee, a red Albatros D.Va is amazing as well

Only if it had a 32vs32 mode to make it even more chaotic

I like that idea

2 Likes

Ah, misinformation.
They never said they were never going to add cold-war aircraft; in-fact War Thunder started with cold war aircraft.
Nor did they not say they’d never add modern aircraft.

WW1 aircraft were primarily used for recon, which isn’t really able to be rewarded.

@jaded_sakura77
Your post is yet another post protecting Gaijin from criticism.

Why not just play around with the initial vehicles of the air force? War Thunder has a bunch of biplanes that were developed based on the technology of World War I. They don’t have significant improvements in firepower, engine power, or aerodynamic performance compared to their World War I predecessors.

1 Like

How? They said nothing like that at all. All they did was call your opinions wrong, and say that Gaijin doesn’t keep their word on things they say.

I’m sure they would be fun an ARB setting.