Helicopters = worst addition to war thunder

The flightmodel and flightphysics exceedes anything the tanks had in driving physics right from the start.

Which is entirely wasted by devolving their gameplay to taking off, hovering and shooting missiles from kilometers away and landing.

The controls are detailled as.well.as the inner workings. Again not modelled on tanks.

Inner workings of helicopters are just a void.

The DM is off but tanks aren’t really different.

Tanks fight tanks so no one benefits from that, if helicopters fought other helicopters more it’s an equal playing field, instead it’s completely stupid broken damage models that just eats shells.

1 Like

Sure but why respind to me.

SP cost have nothing to do how helicopters themselves are implemented.

How is this relevant to their implementation.
What you are talking about is Mission design. Not the implementation of the helicopters themselves.

My comment was solely on the implementation.

So why respond to me with something completely different?

Not true. The controls do exactly what they do in real life and the causalities are modelled. What you are talking about is the damage model, i am talking about the flight model.

This makes no sense.

We were talking about the differences in quality of the implementation. This has nothing to do with that.

For clarification:

This is what i responded to. And i only intended my responses to be understood as responses to this exact issue: the implementation of helicopters.

So please understand my post as only adressing the implementation itself, nothing else.

Because there are parts i agree with you:
-the damage model is bad
-the mission design is terrible and the worst thing about helicopters.

BUT!!!

The implementation itself is actually pretty good. The implementation of helicopters is where gaijin was getting it’s act together in term of Implementation of new vehicles. The level of detail, fidelity, physics. They started to put effort back into those things.

So no the implementation is good. The rest might be bad, but not the implementation.

Noone in good faith can think that the implemation (and the implementation alone) of helicopters is worse than tanks and ships… It isn’t.
Helicopters aren’t just better in that regard they are miles ahead.

The level of detail, fidelity, physics. They started to put effort back into those things.

Yeah mindblowing.

Just arguing semantics at this point, the game would be better without helicopters, it’s whale bait, you cannot reasonable grind helicopters, heli PvE is a joke, heli module grind is a joke, you need to suicide rush hundreds of games to try and unlock some modules or spend a 100h in heli PvE for them, one of the most boring and lackluster modes you can imagine, somehow even more so than the arcade PvE stuff whilst being massively outclassed by said whales in their helicopters.

And now they’ve dumped millions upon millions of RP on the ground forces grind instead of fixing the heli economy and called it a day, the ground grind which is already 2-3 times worse than air, that supposedly had RP reductions with this nonsensical foldering of vehicles which didnt’ do anything, now has to spend countless games more sinking their RP into helicopters.

Because somehow air and helicopters are not related despite being in the same modes, but we all know Gaijin likes to change the goalposts whenever it suits them, it’s combined arms when it fits their arguments and helis and planes are night and day apart when it doesn’t.

Funny how that works.

4 Likes

Dud everything you complain about has nothing to do with their implementation.

It’s the grind
The mission design
Yadda yadda yadda.

Nothing i disageee with… I was very specific that i explicitly only meant implementation.
Which for wt standards raised the bar for new vehicles. Ships and tanks were and still are much worse. It’s not perfect but it is the best since aircraft. Even beating out multicrew bombers.

But yeah the grind is terrible.
The mission design uses them horribly.

Nothing i disagree with. But also unrelated to implementation.

It’s all related to implementation, not just your interpretation of what implementation means.

Implementing new vehicles to the game also means the economy, the balance, the role they fill, their interaction with other vehicles… all of that is bad, just because they look good, something that Gaijin outsources anyways, doesn’t make their implementation good.

2 Likes

I never said anything about their looks. Everything that makes a helicopter is implemented well. The flight, the machanics.

The rest is periphery and not directly the helonitself.

The way they are implimented in game is entirely unrealistic and unreasonable. helicopters have very high radar returns, are very loud and produce solid IR signatures. the game doesn’t account for the larger radar cross sections or integrated radar networks that make helicopters hard to use tactically. a helicopter flying just below the edge of a treeline will still be picked up by any moderatly modern radar systems on the ground and even more easily by elevated and airborne radar. those big spinning blades are like a disco ball for radar.

In the russia war on ukraine attack helicopters have been religated to opportunistic strikes at maximum or even well beyond effective ranges in the case of rockets for these very reasons. even so their losses have been high and their impact limited.

2 Likes

But that has been fixed hasn’t it?

I have no issues picking up helicopters at the moment

Hey yall, found this image of the average atgm carrying heli-player. Feel cute, I dont know might camp enemy heli spawn next match ;)

Uden titel

1 Like

I was talking about in reality.

Helicopters are incredibly easy to track via radar in game to the point I have no idea what his rambling even pertains to

I kniw.

What i am saying is that helicopters donhave strog eadar returns in WT. That has been fixed as it seems.

Also i would never act like the entire implementation is bad because of a single factor. Especially if it isn’t the main thing of the implementation like the flightmodel.

It is another worthless addition but far from the worst one.

I have a LWS, every time I see it coming from above I know I am dead. Smoke doesnt interrupt missile locks. Its so busted that a helicopter can be so far away it doesnt even render and lob missiles are completely defenseless ground targets.

I don’t really think helicopters are the issue, but rather the missiles.