Helicopters are now unplayable. "The Onboard Radio Electrical Systems, weapon deployment is unavailable

The new helicopter mechanics are complete nonsense that doesn’t even correspond to reality, I don’t understand why it was added at all, because it’s a pure game convention, it doesn’t even correspond to reality, because in a real helicopter nothing will happen when one 12.7mm bullet hits its fuselage (Even when 1 bullet hits and the fuselage turns yellow, it fails). It will just turn around and turn this tank into mush. But in our game there is a game convention that when 1 bullet hits a helicopter, it makes it defenseless. I demand the removal of this “mechanics” with the breakdown of some “Onboard Radio Electro Systems” from 1 bullet…! (And yes, I consider this mechanics appropriate only and ONLY IN SIMULATOR BATTLES) Screenshot - ffb39322f024967cad5619f1c5298474 - Gyazo

13 Likes

Yeah its rough and with so many IFVs with proxy rounds you dont even need to hit the heli to cripple it.
Helis that can hide 10 miles away and yeet missiles are fine Helis that need to use TOWs and get close are unplayable.

However I think this is a good change

6 Likes

It’s a questionable bandaid fix until they get around to adding internal modules to other helis, hopefully they’ll add them soon

2 Likes

I wish it was removed just for PVE helicopter battles. Get shot by the AI which are quite accurate and you can’t fire your weapons anymore. Either return to the airfield which can take minutes or J out and spend a lot of silver lions to spawn in again.

2 Likes

Hell, if anything it just pushing people to do exactly this - playing like rats behind cover and fire from king distance because getting close is guaranteed death.

So, congrats tankiers, you made the most annoying gameplay of helies, sitting outside of your engagement range, the only usable strategy

7 Likes

Trying to spade the lynx with only TOW 2 sorry at that br bracket you should not be starting with TOW 2 at 10.3! And a single 12.7 from a Turms disabled my FCS.

Now this change needed to happen as we have seen Ka-50s take a huge amount of punishment and then fire rockets and missile while critically damaged.

However Helis now feel like WW2 bombers 2 hits from any MG and they are cooked

1 Like

I think they need to delet this new mechanic

1 Like

Questionable? More along the lines of unfathomable. I understand the end goal but let me ask you this. If the damage modules system only had a handful of vehicles that had it would you even release said system on a system that appears to be 85% incomplete? That is what bothers me most about this decision. Now I get to wait until they get around to adding modules on helicopters I enjoy using? Blasphemous and they need to either rethink this approach or simply dont release thhings that arent ready yet. It’s honestly that simple. What they did is render a very big portion of the helis available to play in this game basically useless in all modes until they get around to adding modules. It’s simply unacceptable.

4 Likes

A single 7.62 MG bullet ANYWHERE and I literally cannot fly the helicopter or fire a perfectly intact manually operated machine gun with a healthy crewman physically holding the trigger. Whoever thought breaking almost all the helicopters in the game was a cool update?

From my understanding, it is doing it because it is bugged. It should prevent atgms and whatnot from firing when modules are destroyed.

Hope they fix it soon and get the modules corrected.

Ohh so they DID changed something on Helicopters?
today i was playing with BOH-105 on sim battles, my fuselage got hit by a single MG round and turned yellow and i wasnt able to use the ATGM camera and i thought it was a bug

if the heli grind is shitty,boring and long enough now imagine with this change lol

Definitely needs toning down. Good idea, shit execution.

3 Likes

I wish that were the case. According to them it isnt a bug and is intended. G-lynx losing control over weapons after minimum damage // Gaijin.net // Issues

Truly a Gaijin moment.

Imagine the outrage if the same thing was implemented for aircraft.

1 Like

It would be another review bomber. But since helies is a niche and being looked down upon by grass eaters tankeers - it will, unfortunately, never happen

1 Like

That sucks. Hope they get the modules out soon so they can get rid of that.

Yeah, it’s a bug apparently, but they have had 2 patches so far and haven’t fixed it…

Not to mention some of the systems they added to the Ka-52 are, just straight up wrong.

A majority of the systems in the tail are for servicing on the helicopter while it’s on the ground. The top is only communications.

Still a bogus addition.