Helicopters are now unplayable due to new module system

now playing heli is pretty freaking annoying. you cant approach targets due the new system, where one freaking bullet disable your entire electrical system, causing malfunction in guns, rockets, thermals even ircm. making heli useless and waste of SP.

14 Likes

Thank you for the update.

28 Likes

good

21 Likes

Finally

9 Likes

Helis have been a total waste of SP at top tier for a long time, you’re better off using a CAS jet

3 Likes

Imo one thing needs to be pointed out that it not as much of the problem for ATGM helies (especially at lower BR then they just outrange SPAA), but for helies which had to rely on dumb rockets (or/yet to grind for ATMGs) to do the job and changes to DM of those makes ever so rare rocket rush practically impossible to pull of (especially in big helies like Mi-24)

1 Like

I was hoping the Ka50 would be the same but anyways.

2 Likes

Sounds like exactly what everyone wanted them to do with helis. Was nothing more annoying than nailing a heli with a 120mm shell or even something like a starstreak and watching it just fly off. Also having multiple tanks unload 50cals into a heli to bring it down was just kinda insane.

8 Likes

I find it kinda unrealistic, but.

Feels like a nice fix.

1 Like

Probably needs a little tuning, but helis shouldn’t be massively resistant to damage

11 Likes

Imo Helis should be fairly resistant to 7.62/12.7mm MG fire, but anything bigger should rip them apart.

1 Like
  1. There is a reason for the mode being called “Realistic Tank Battles”, the tanks should always be the dominating forces

2. Helicopters don’t do anything but ruin the fun of everybody anyways. It’s literally just a neuron activation tool for the pilot who just sits there an does nothing apart point- and clicking and sometimes spamming buttons to avoid missiles.

2 Likes

The days of AH Mk1 being useless at self defense are over :P

3 Likes

It’s tanks dominating until I spawn the CAS aircraft, that’s true

I used to enjoy playing the more nimble helis like the UHT since you can pop in and out, surgically killing enemy AA and such, constantly staying behind cover and alert was a fun way to play but now it is mindless, even in the most enjoyable helis

good

2 Likes

i think its realestic, even an small explosion near a heli can knock it out of service, unrealestic immortal helis like ka50 before this update are annouying, unfair and unrealestic

3 Likes

I mean, a small amount of .50 cal fire shouldn’t stop a heli in its tracks.

Boo womp