Helicopter PvP needs to be brought back

I spaded the AH-1G back in Heli pvp, then never touched it again.

It was a Russian Bias Hell far worse than even the worst GFRB matches I’ve ever played.

Never again.

What if you won’t fight Ka-50/52s in your AH-1G anymore? Will it change your mind?

Absolutely not. Ka-50/52 overperforms while everything else underperforms.

I’d rather see the game shutdown than EVER play such a bias hell mode ever again.

I’d rather see Russia removed from the game in entirety before I ever even consider the possibility.

The Ka-50/52 using the “Шквал” - “Shkval” and “ГОЕС-451” - “GOES-451” systems can use gyroscopic sight stabilization, similar to the AH-64 except both systems have ground and high fidelity attitude stabilization (not modeled as a difference in either in-game).
They use a laser designator for rangefinding and designation for select missiles. My brain did a fucky and I got the characteristics of the Vikhr mixed with other missiles.

It isn’t a time window that you can launch in, but a set amount of missile that can receive guidance at one time. On the Mi-28N, for example, you can only guide 1 missile at a time. On the Ka-50/52, you can guide all at once.

1 Like

Vikhr is laser beam rider. Kamovs can fire the laser homing kh25 (not in game for some reason), as well as buddy laze (also not in game)

2 Likes

@Stormwolf7
There’s no reason to insult totolescargo & I for stating facts.

honestly i would mind just adding helicopters to arb (Saying this as a Chinese Helicopter enjoyer)

pars and spikes are incredibly slow and lack proximity fuses, they’re basically worse IR AAMs so I dont even know why you pointed those out, TY-90s, ATAS, Mistrals, sidewinders, whatever ir missile the soviet helis get all can barely lock a helicopter at 2km let alone the 10km that vikhrs are capable of. The only helicopter that really has a chance against a vikhr in a fair fight is the british apache since it mounts starstreaks which are not only very fast but more importantly are laser guided so they arent countered by the insane levels of IRCM and thermal management that top tier helicopters have.

We already discussed all these problems above. Please, take a read if you want to know all the details. In short, we could disable Ka-52’s IRCM, and it’d be more fair to play against it.

As for PARSes And Spikes, I can 100% sure say they are really good against helicopters, especially Spikes, because of their F&F nature. You just need to be a little closer than their max range, and it’s almost guaranteed kill. Saying that as a PARS enjoyer

There’s a great HLC quote for this, but it would be against ToS unfortunately.

As for you…

Every source I can find says it rides a laser beam for control, because radar beams cannot be focused enough to be accurate without making for a too large component on the helicopter…

2 Likes

an appropriate option for bringing back heli pve is removing laser guided atgms from the helicopters when they are in this gamemode.

Totelescargo seems to be tracking reality.

It’ll be quite a day when you start stating facts…

1 Like

I would say that’s Short sighted…since the majority of top tier Helicopters use laser guided ATGMs. (Only one gets a Prox fuse frag sleeve)

But if they could remove the Vikhrs since Ataka is right there and is pretty much a faster Hellfire with shorter range- that would be a solid step.

1 Like

Yes but its pvp, they do not need them.

There are still PvE targets in the PvP game mode…

The PvP is in protecting PvE assets… shooting down the helicopters is great, but what about the bases and AI assets you’re meant to kill?

Well i guess you ought to use unguided rockets and bombs, shouldn’t be to hard with CCIP

Well, only Russian Helis get bombs, and the unguided rockets are pretty much useless against armored targets. (Especially if said armored targets have ERA)

1 Like

Rockets are not useless against armored targets.

Compared to bombs and ATGMs… they are.
That’s why they’re only used against light vehicles and personnel targets.

You seem irrationally attached to an idea…which has no benefit and only causes problems.

1 Like

The fact that you practically call them worthless tells me that you do not often use them.