Helicopter PvP needs to be brought back

I do use them actually.

I have an AH-64A with Pure rocket loadout (with ATAS)
and I have an AH-64D with pure ATGM loadout (with ATAS)

And I use whichever one I have the SP for after I’m done with ground vehicles. Killing tanks with rockets takes a LOT of them to do, if it’ll do anything more than set them on fire.

1 Like

Totolescargo literally has been stating what I have, so… thanks for admitting that I state facts.
Just cause something is worded differently doesn’t mean the meaning changes.

This can be true, but in heli pvp the ground units are ai with pre determined paths, which maked killing them with rockets very easy.

You forget the convoys, bases and frontlines have multiple spaa that absolutely body anyone who gets within their range if they are not taken care of prior or at least distracted.

1 Like

Gotta love the Roland that just spawns underneath you.

Roland, gepard, whatever. I’ve had it happen every time I play Heli PvE. It’s annoying.

The mean issue for PVE is that the reward is too low, 3h get only 40k exp lmao, PVP is 2 times of this, we have plenty of methods to solve the PVP balance( ban long-range missiles e.g)

1 Like

I would recommend everyone play ground Sim when it’s helicopter day… far more fun than PVE… and actually takes some skill…

I’d like this mode back ONLY with maps like City or with big buildings and skyscrapers.
I fought KA-50s with my Mangusta using TOWs because I had control over the missile trajectory.
The big problem is range, and this can be mitigated by flying while covered by buildings and getting closer to the enemy.

Won’t always work but it gives some room for strategy.

Heli pvp was fine, well that city map atleast was playable even if you weren’t a ka50. PVE is just badly made and doesn’t reward much.

Literally would be a KA-50/52 sausage fest with the occasional helicopter from other nations lol

3 Likes

I would like to see a return of either a pvp mode for helis or at least a better pve mode than we currently have. Helis just feel like they don’t have a place right now. GRB doesn’t want them and arb wouldn’t be able to have them… idk just seem like a waste to have them in limbo like they are currently implemented.

1 Like

I will keep it a buck fifty with you guys, if they add helicopter PvP back, I’m going to have a field day with my Ka-50 and will probably even get to the Ka-52 during the whole ordeal.

And I have SPIKEs on my Eurocopter.

They should definetly allow the AGM-114L to be used in heli ec so we get a formidable weapon against any helicopter threat. 16 active radar fire and forget missiles that can be used against helicopters. They have been beating apaches with vikhr’s and pars 3 , i think it is fair to give the historical loadout now.

There is just one thing you are missing here. While you might be able to just let all 16 hellfires rip at once, in the end they are still hellfires, which by default, suck at hitting air targets. Youd still get sniped by a vikhr 10km out

114L has a proxy fuse

This is not true when they are able to use their own radar to calculate the intercept path properly by knowing the range and velocity of the target. They are very accurate and can be used against helicopters.

The best thing about them is they are fire and forget, you can maneuver against vikhrs while firing 1-2 of them to get the kill you want.

How do you know this? Not that im questioning it but i could read more about it myself

While this might be true, do you honestly think gaijin wont just copy the Flight Model and change the guidance type, and call it a day?

No i think they would borrow their missile guidance logic from the planned amraams/r77/aim54 and enable them against ground targets, just how the marinefliegers anti ship missiles was able to lock ground targets very early. And they would have to re do the flight model because the agm-114L flies different trajectories and paths due to how the radar guidance works. They would get stormed with bug reports and unhappy players from apache users, atleast. If, however, they did the agm-114L properly, people would probably buy the premium apaches as now they would have a desirable goal for grinding. That is more money for them. All speculation though. I doubt they will add it anyway since they want to keep it away from ground rb, it is a very strong missile.