Heat (fs) in WW2 era

I see it as very stressful that I am being penetrated frontal by heat (FS) grenades with my Second World War heavy tank, it makes no sense and no fun. Drive 5 minutes up the mountain just for heat to penetrate my 200mm steel plate.

12 Likes

Tanks are balanced based on their effectiveness, not their era.

Otherwise PT-76 would be 7.7 and M4A3 (76) would be 6.7

28 Likes

for example?

If you got shot you made a mistake. Armor wasnt made to be carelessly exposed to the enemy. Use terrain, proper positioning and situational awareness and armor will come also in handy.

17 Likes

m50, m56, t92 m41, or the strikemaster on 6.3 with 72x 400mm heat rockets and much more

1 Like

its no misstake when my 150mm frontplate get hit, heavys are made to survive frontal hits

3 Likes

If you got hit in frontal plate you made plenty of mistakes. And no your armor is not made to get shot at, it is made to protect you in unfortunate situation when you get hit. You should do however everything to avoid such acenario and tank crews were always taught that. Enemies taht fire heat have usually extremely poor survivability, you should have no problem dealing with them

19 Likes

That is not true no matter how many times you repeat it.

5 Likes

It’s because they have this thing called “being a glass cannon”

2 Likes

bombs are way more dangerous.

definition of a glass cannon

lightly armored+two crewmembers+inaccurate guns

the object 268 with it’s 152mm aphe round is at the same br with only slightly less pen and way more postpen

Jagdtiger at same br with high calliber aphe with equal pen

16 Likes

Pointless retorical cope. If you want to discuss something try at least to formulate an argument:)

7 Likes

Your claim is so ridiculous that it didn’t deserve anything more. The only one “coping” here is you.

Flaming and then running away from discussion. Well isnt that suprising:)

3 Likes

This isn’t a discussion. This is you spewing your unfounded and off topic opinion.

2 Likes

its definitly no mistake when a ligth with heat driveby around the corner and spray all this
armament into me (m50…)and there is nothing i can do because how so often all of the team died in their arroganz and i are the only one left. And i can´t fire on 5 enemys at the same time and that are the situation i speak from. Its only a problem with lights, how so many times befor in the game, all afterwar lights are only there to fuck up. With m18 i do not have any problems there but all the stuff after the war in worldwar BR sucks.

1 Like

You and GJ call it balancing, every normal minded would call it BS!

It won’t be long before we’re all playing with the same vehicle, which only gets a national skin, in the name of the holy cow balancing.

4 Likes

Spawn ratel 90, 6.3 BR.

Try to drive out of spawn.

Stray burst of bullets from a nearby plane: dead.

Also I like how every complaint about HEAT-FS or post-WW2 vehicles forgets the ratel 90/20 exist. I’m yet to see anyone complain about it beyond british players calling it the “shitbus”. Personally I love it (if there’s no CAS).

Even more amusing:

Nobody complains about ratel 20 that has ATGM vs tiger 2:

6 Likes

So Object 279 should be 8.0? Tiger I should be 4.0? T-64A should be 8.3?

Thats literally all it can do. Get close to enemy and hope nobody notices it before it gets close. In any other situation m50 fails. It cannot snipe, take damage, survive a plane, survive a machine gun, reliably aim at peaking tanks, fight longer confrontations.

It is a fun little tank but in almost any scenario heavy is better pick than it

4 Likes

They should be sorted chronologically. If someone wants to play a tank from the world war against a much younger one from the seventies, then they should take it in a seventies deck, but not the other way around.
But apparently that’s much too simple.