Any chance of the HEDP though?
A man has dreams xD
Any chance of the HEDP though?
A man has dreams xD
more payload, but a hawk can completely dictate any air fight in GRB
TBH I have no issues doing that in my Strikemaster either, 2 GPMG for self defence, but if I fight the US for example or expect a lot of enemy air I put on 2 more and generally rule the sky too xD
Everyone underestimates the gimpy.
though the Hawk will deffo do it better, but still, limited ground attack is oofies for a CAS plane xD
Strikemaster with 4 gunpods is pretty fun, not gonna lie
Did a couple of matches in ARB like that and the volume of fire really makes up for the guns just being 7.62mm
I really regret not having unlocked the A-1H…
From 2 different sources I have (I don’t have them on me rn but I can specify later):
Source A:
"The KGA system also forms the heart of the operational single seat Hawk, the Hk. 200 Series.
This aircraft has been designed to allow the greatest possible degree of flexibility to meet individual customer requirements. The aircraft is fitted with an inboard gun installation that can accept up to two 25 mm Aden guns, although the 30 mm Aden could be fitted if required. The use of a “gun pack” approach enables the gun bay to be used for other ourposes if needed, for instance It would be simple to fit a specialised reconnaissance pack in lieu of guns."
Source B:
"The series 200 has an AC generation system, and a wide range of different avionic systems
(similar to those of the series 100) was offered. Included in the armament fit were twin 30 mm
Aden Mk.4 cannon, with the option of twin 27 mm Mauser cannon permanently mounted in
the fuselage. This freed the centreline pylon position to carry a 130 imperial gallon fuel tank if
required, though in the end, the centreline pylon was not equipped to pass fuel. "
Thanks. The single Aden thing was something I’d read on forums by ex-BAE workers and seemed to be supported by ZH200 flying in 1989 with an enlarged brass catcher on the port side of the aircraft similar to those on the 30mm-equipped Hunter
I’d assumed it was an effort to alleviate the 25mm’s feed problems until AblativeKitten pointed out the similarity to Hunter
The 30mm is a physically larger gun with significantly larger ammunition, so I do wonder how it would fit in a Hawk 200’s internal bay designed for the 25mm
My Hawk 200 brochure states it has “2 internal cannons with 100 rounds per gun”
Also the source that states dual internal 25mm ADEN is called: “Evolution of Combat Performance of the Hawk Light Combat Aircraft”. This was written by S.F Stapleton and R.S Dobbs from the Hawk 200 programme.
What new information would move it along?
I have multiple primary sources confirming 2x25mm Adens for the Hawk 200, and I thought plenty had already been passed over to the Devs?
Wait till you see the reasoning on why the T.1A can’t use outer pilons…
Multiple primary souces are already attached to the source. The main issue is multiple conflicts of sources that state 30mm also.
The model was initally set up with them, but deeper investigation of the manuals, wiring diagrams and cockpit weapons selectors show they were sadly not possible on Hawk T.1A without extensive non-standard modification. So they were disabled.
This is already within the report.
Nice to see more variants of combat trainers, would be also cool to get Finnish Hawks in the regular Swedish TT in the future.
Indeed!
I hope also for a Swiss T.66 in Germany, but am sceptical this will come true, as Germany already has the AlphaJet as combat trainer…
Could always get the Swiss F-5F as a supersonic trainer for the TT. Although both it and a Hawk would be nice to see.
Yeah, but honestly it’d already be christmas for me if the current Swiss F-5E (and Mirage of course) would get their proper armament…
What’d bro say 💀
Where’s the [redacted] gnat