Grind is insufferable

K. Thanks

Because game formula is idiotic.

“Hey, you want to play cool game with modern tanks? You want to drive Leopards 2s and Abrams and blow up all those T72s? Maybe fly F16 and A10? Well TOO F*CKING BAD! Here, go grind all those pre WW2 and WW2 shitboxes for couple years before you will be able to play what you want to play”

And yall wonder why people just buy a premium top tier tank and just leave after one death

4 Likes

They don’t have to, T-72AV, T-80UD, 2S38, SU-25K, literally four life bro if he rich or has a hot gf who does twitch or onlyfans bro

Only 2S38 is actually good and fun to play. Turms is pain to play, T80UD have same awfull reverse and NO thermals.

Vastly more RP than previous years. Nice evidence showcasing how easy the grind is these days.
13,000’s a lot, especially for 6 minutes 20 seconds.

@Hudler
Years?
It took me just 5 years to get all ten tech trees to top air, 6 top ground, 4 to 8.0+ ground, all by playing as if I only had the free time of an average worker, partially cause I do volunteer work and other things day to day.

Play objectives, and you get RP fast.

Yeah, years

(although i’ve came back to this game about 3 months ago, after 4 years)

It took me just 5 years to get all ten tech trees to top air, 6 top ground, 4 to 8.0+ ground

That’s not the flex you think it is.
If you have to play a game 5 years and still not have access to all vehicles then something is terribly wrong.

If your idea of fun is grinding for vehicles then okay, the game is perfect for you. But if your idea of fun is experiencing all kinds of historical vehicles and actually playing the game for the sake of playing and not earning RP SL or whatever then this is unacceptable.

Vastly more RP than previous years. Nice evidence showcasing how easy the grind is these days.
13,000’s a lot, especially for 6 minutes 20 seconds.

Remove 59% bonus from boosters and 100% from 4 kills and you get what was there before. So no, adding one bonus for multiple kills is not that big of an improvement.

A top tier plane earning 13k while grinding 410k for a plane is not a lot.

^ This is it and others have said it because it’s so obvious.
Another huge game negative that is a result of the game makers actions and greed.

Hardly surprising numbers are down and queue times are up.
ODL is through the roof and player quality at top tier complained about so often on here now.
I even considered getting a top tier tank in the sale and skipping all the cold war BRs as they are a mess of old and new., WW2 and Post war jumbled together. Fortunately I have no faith in the game anymore to spend anything on it.

It was 5 years at 2 hours a day. If War Thunder was my main game I could have it done in 2.5 years.
Boosters were there previously.

My idea of fun is playing vehicles I love, which makes War Thunder great for me.
War Thunder is perfect for the sake of playing rather than grinding.

Spoken like somebody who has been at top tier a long time.I dont envy anybody coming into this game now.There isn’t any cover to hide behind while you try to get your bearings and the game is now geared to selling over game play. You grew up in a different era.

I played as if I had the free time of a full-time worker, which means 6 hours of free time on weekdays, and 15+ on weekends. And even then I only played 2 hours of WT a day on average.
I “grew up” when the game had a far slower grind.
The method of researching fast is still the same.
The grind only got faster since I did my primary grinds.

If I was a 1 tech tree enjoyer, it would’ve been 3 months at 2 hours a day.
And I’d have air and ground.
And I wouldn’t notice the grind cause I’d be playing vehicles I love.
Today it’d be faster.

5 years is my total play time.
In reality, it was spurts of catching up to friends, playing custom battles, and goofing off.
Which is why I said 2 hours a day, which it’s likely less than that for 1 tech tree.

Far less time put in than many other games. To get IS-7 in World of Tanks took me far longer than War Thunder’s slowest grind to 8.3.

I’ve already helped people, I’ve put my rewards information public and it’s spread.
The frag ground targets is still rareish, but it’s more common than previously.

Not sure why you, @Ion_Protogen and @EddieVanHalo think bad things should happen to others… you sound petty.
Seriously, the grind should stay easy as I helped cause with my feedback.

I broke my leg about 3/4 years ago and had nothing to do for a very long time but sit on my backside playing this game and the grind was slow and that was mostly playing one nation.Granted I was on X box one then and its a chore but it was no where near as fast and easy as you are making out it is.

The grind is better than it used to be, but it is still unreasonably long, and not fun. If you want modern vehicles, you will need to play thousands of matches just to get a top tier tank if you don’t pay for anything.

The RP gains are just terrible, especially for ground RB. The RP gains for GRB should be brought up to be roughly equal to the Air RB RP gains.

What do I have to do with this conversation, I just got here.

3 Likes

Oh, console makes everything harder.
Also, I was saying it was slower back then, not faster.
With the correct reward gaining knowledge, which I gave out to Discords and YouTube comment sections, along with random games, you could get done with an air tree in ~1.3 months, and a ground tree in ~1.7 months at ~2 hours per day.
Today there’s less time thanks to the feedback I and ten-thousands of others gave Gaijin.

@Ion_Protogen
One frag in air RB should be equal to 3 ground frags, as there’s typically 3 spawns available per person at least in ground RB.
In reality, it’s likely worth more, but you have rather skilled players, and you have players without even the 5 free crew slots.

Nice to see you are still working for them ; )

In my 1250 hours of playtime I have 2 top tier planes (USA and SWE) with still a bunch of stuff to research in USA tree. My ground is nowhere near and it is just off-putting how little RP is gained in ground, it totally killed my desire to play ground.
Naval is somewhat fun, I got it to about middle of the tree in 2 nations.

Meanwhile any other game I completed, totaled, got all achievements in 1/4 of that time.
I did play world of tanks and world of warships as well before, I got 3 nations to the top in each and it took A LOT LESS TIME.

And I thank you for that, and I believe everyone in the community is thankful for any kind of help and effort anyone puts in.

We do not think bad things should happen to others, we think grind should be easier for everyone, but it appears you believe that to be a bad thing?

For example, I have 644 battles in the XM-1, and I have gained 1.08 million RP from playing it.

644 battles in a premium tank to unlock the equivalent of 2 1/2 top tier tanks. I have ok stats in it too, but the rp cost for higher tier vehicles is just unreasonable.

2 hours is battle time, for one.
Second, if you want advice on methods of earning rewards quickly in every game mode to make future reward progression faster, I’m more than willing to provide input.
I don’t use many of the tactics anymore since you know… 6 completed ground trees and 10 completed air trees, but they exist if you want your first 1 - 3 tech trees completed in like 1.2 - 4.5 months at 2 hours of battle per day, or sooner if you have WT as your primary game as my 48ish year old friend does… and researched 8 ground tech trees to completion using BR 6.7 tanks… that has reward negatives.

Being to actually use the convertible RP without the requirement to spend GE would help with “the grind”.

Convertible RP has to be one of the most useless items in WT.

2 Likes