Grind is insufferable

WRONG.
Pay to win(the following can be purchased for GE):
Crew skills
Vehicle modifications
Camouflage
Some vehicles being better than tech tree vehicles at the same BR.(2s38,wyvern,xp50,t72turms etc.)

2 Likes

@Bellator138 Don’t bother explaining to them that this game is a pay to progress game lol Its been discussed for years and players still believe its a pay to win so the discussion will just go in circles with no end.

i wonder if you read my reply to that.

I play with premiun almost always and I have several premiuns. Neither 20 nor 800 euros, something logical.

I play for an hour almost every day …

What is the requirement for the opinion to be valid? 500e a year and 5 hours a day like Alvis.

This forum is a hell of people of extremes, on one side and on the other.

2 Likes

We all had done a little bit of gaslighting to make people believe that our favorite vehicle is not as strong as everybody thinks, Alvis is actually pretty level headed, you clearly haven’t seen the most extreme gaslighter in this forum yet lol they will go a long way to say shit like ussr vehicles has better gun handling than the NATO’s counterpart, if people let things like that slide they by right should be one blinded bat or their judgment is really bad lol

The grind must be horrible if you have as little interest in WW2 and Cold War tanks as I have in playing Top tier.Just have a think about that.

Is it surprising that so many are skipping the grind completely and paying a fortune to enter at the top with a very expensive premium or two? You have to then ask whether that is by accident. Especially in a game made to make money.

So it’s easy to attack the OP and defend the game but pointless in doing so if Gaijin deliberately made the grind a pain to get you all into nice expensive top tier premiums.

I mean who cares how the game plays out so long as the cash is rolling in?What do Gaijin care if the game is falling apart at top tier with ODL and poor players? The cash in in the bank ,job done.

The game is old and the input minimal and what input there is is based on making more premiums and more cash then just run the old game into the ground until its 15 or 16 years old.The fanatics will always support it.

So to summarize the grind is long and hard and made for you to skip and come in at top tier by spending big and nothing is more expensive than top tier premiums.They even give you GE now meant to cushion the blow re Crew skills.

4 Likes

If you think about it,Gaijin went and removed all bushes and cover then blocked off all the old sniping spots.Why? To remove the map knowledge advantage veterans have and give all these top tier newbies a chance. Makes sense now why they did it. It all fits together.

3 Likes

I didn’t think about that but yes,maybe that is why the game is dumbed down so much now and top tier is a CAS infested mess so the old veterans don’t rule like they would if there was no CAS.

ULQ said anybody can get into CAS and there is no skill involved,not sure its 100% true but it makes sense now.

Top level veterans like ULQ are complaining they are suffering with CAS so that kind of proves the point.Its about making the game survivable for those who come straight in at top tier with expensive toys and taking the power away from those who have played for years.

true conspiracy theories need to fit together in many ways lol ,this one does I think.
The business model of selling top tier premiums explains a lot of Gaijins more recent actions and decision making.

Might also be the reason Gaijin wont entertain a TO mode.

1 Like

The only pay to win one is crew skills.

Camos don’t give a good enough advantage, vehicle mods are easy to get for free, and there are no vehicles that are pay to win. Buying an Xp-50 doesn’t mean you will do way better, same with a Turms.

1 Like

Arguments are very fun to watch, with popcorn in hand even funnier.

How am I supposed to read the forums if crap like this is constantly happening? No wonder nobody comes here.

6 Likes

Here you basically have to normalize playing 5 hours a day and commenting on absolutely every post as if you were going to inherit the company.

1 Like

Would Maus really be a Cold War tank?

The caveat here is that Cold War only began as WW2 ended. Therefor, had the Germany managed to build dozen of these behemoths and had war in Europe dragged on for few more months, the Maus would be classified as WW2 superheavy.

The tank underwent trials in 1944, well before the end of war in Europe and WW2 overall, so technically Maus is a WW2 tank.

1 Like

Yes, because the Maus would’ve been finished in 1947 at the rate of its development.
Centurion, T-54, etc all started development in 1944 - 1945, they’re still cold-war cause they were finished after the war.

They are Cold War tanks given how events folded out
But would they be still if WW2 ended in 1946 or 1947?

Also depends from what angle you think the word “finished”
Prototype? Initial low rate production? Trials? Finished introduction?

Well the cold war started due to nuclear acquisition.
Germany was close to their own project, so the cold war would’ve started during the war instead.

Not quite…
The Cold War was the result of deteriorating relations between West and East, the relations grew “colder”, hence the name.
What you said is just one of things that contributed to colder relations between two blocks

Let’s not extend too much on the obvious. When an artificial imbalance is introduced, whether through vehicles with better specifications or slow progression for free players, it creates a noticeable gap that impacts the player’s experience. Some players will feel they have no real chance of winning fairly against the competition. This frustration stems from the perception that no amount of skill or effort is sufficient to overcome the imposed challenges. Essentially, the model pressures players to spend money to compensate for a fundamental deficiency, such as lack of competence.

No amount of imbalance is good for player retention. Although Gaijin has likely weighed this, the advantage of effective marketing and the initial appeal to new players might be sufficient to balance what happens on the other end: the exodus of players who are already aware of the game’s true barrier to entry and the realities of an flawed gameplay.

A player base that is not truly committed or loyal and is merely transient is terrible for business. It’s just a matter of new competition entering the war simulation game market, or a mere shift in trends, for this game to finally be undermined.

F-15 which is top tier, 4 kills which is maximum combat rp boost you can get, 93% activity, top of the leaderboard, survived whole game, 2 boosters active (50% and 15% for 59% total), air RB
And this is all I get…13k RP.

That is not a good, not even a decent amount of RP one should get for dominating in a game. This is how much I’d expect every top tier jet to get on an average 1-2 kill game.

In other words, grind is insufferable.

Screenshot_1

That is what i wrote here:

and allows them to “steer” players in the right direction (= spending money).

This thought would imply that gaijin would have an interest in long-term player commitment. This idea is not working when a large portion of your income is connected to customers which join wt at certain age and play just for a rather short time period.

Economically it makes zero sense to cater the minority of long term players as long as you are able to maximize your income with the largest group: Minors with access to credit cards.

These players will leave in any case, so if gaijin manages to delay the point of time when they realize how wt works long enough - they have done everthing right - from a business perspective.

This exodus is zero problem if the point of time (decision to leave) is outside the the time frame when most players leave due to other reasons.

1 Like