Grind is insufferable

It’s not really an opinion, the grind is factually insufferable.

Saying “you need to get good to get more RP” doesn’t excuse anything, the game should be tailored towards the average player, not the best player. And I imagine an average player doesn’t have premium account, doesn’t have premium vehicles and doesn’t get top 3 every single game. If you were the average player, would you find that tolerable?

The reason people play is because it is a good simulation and there is a plethora of vehicles, but that doesn’t change the fact that the grind in war thunder sucks.

6 Likes

so then would we all agree that the fact that war thunder is not and should not be part of the title of “free to play” game?

2 Likes

What are you going on about??? Just having a job does not make you rich, it doesn’t mean you can spend every spare penny on the game. What a selfish attitude.

There are OTHER members of the family in the house. Yes… I would like the spare money to pay for premium but what about the wife or 4 kids??? Don’t you think they would like a treat with the extra cash for once??? I’d hate to live in a selfish home where 1 family member insists that every spare penny goes on their game. Totally typical selfish behaviour.

“that’s you making bad life decision bro, why bother spawn so many kids when you are poor, right? remember that beggars can’t be choosers, you are selfish to think we don’t need money to run the company too bro, I also wants a Ferrari in my garage but since I have 5 kids I can’t afford anymore, how dare they sell ferrari so expensive and wouldn’t let me buy it, or give it to me for free :o”

2 Likes

You sound like a gaijin executive. As a paying customer the companies expenses should be none of your concern. And you didn’t address the point. If you pay for it you are entitled to it in a reasonable time frame. And ground Rb grind is far from reasonable(air rb is arguable). Its bullshit.

5 Likes

I agree with everything you said and I wish to shed some light on the “ones inside gaijins behind.”

The fact is they have played the game for a very long time and unlocked pretty much everything through that excruciating grind, and now we want to make the grind easier…I can totally understand their opposition to it because it wouldn’t really be fair to them.

But in the end that is still a bullshit excuse, gaijin should improve the RP gains.

I fail to see how someone can pretty much unlock everything while being a functioning human being in society.
Also “improve” Rp gains is a massive understatement.

2 Likes

First of all: Some of your points in this thread made sense, others not.

I picked this particular quote in order to demonstrate the major flaw in your whole post.

Try to do some research about f2p games, game design in general, psychology in game design, the importance of mini-/micro transactions within the gaming industry, etc. in order to find out that just get caught by a propaganda lie.

A f2p game is not designed to offer a f2p gaming experience - it’s purpose is to create the illusion of a f2p game experience whilst encouraging players to become a p2play or p2progress player.

From a holistic pov the f2p set-up is chosen to reduce entry barriers of a full price title - and “real” f2p players are just there to fill lobbies and to play the role of targets for paying customers.

Technically seen gaijin was not able to offer the right product for f2p players and due the scale effects stuff like server maintenance costs is no serious argument.

3 Likes

A f2p game is not designed to offer a f2p gaming experience - it’s purpose is to create the illusion of a f2p game experience whilst encouraging players to become a p2play or p2progress player.

Spoken like a true businessman. I hope you never end up in game dev.

4 Likes

Really makes the “if you don’t like it, don’t pay for it” people sound completely moronic.

If you don’t like it, don’t pay for it. It’s that simple.

No, you are.

Its just the reality of what Gaijin et. al. does.
Most real F2P games don’t last long or no longer exist because they can’t close their business model. So either they start gouging customers with P2W, selling the customers (ads, malware, private data, etc.) or go to a subscription model.

1 Like

Working 60 hours a week is a life choice that no one forces people to do.
I’ve been playing War Thunder as if I had an 40 hour work week for the last 5 years.
I don’t understand how people cannot have 5+ hours of free time each day, and over 10 hours on 2+ days off.

1 Like

I mean I’m not a F2P player here. However, I think that Gaijin making the game even more P2W would lead to the community being even more pissed about their monetization. If they were to make it easier to research (Which I fully support, it took a few weeks (not that I play non-stop) to get to the T-55 (yes, I’m just now starting to grind Russia, I wanted to get others before)), they’d have to make it easier for everybody, but that isn’t happening. I’m mentally preparing for the incredibly painful grind yet again. It’s not related, but the reason I rage so much are the teammates. It definitely isn’t news, but i’m still pissed about it (like this thing is driving me nuts even though it happened a day ago). I was driving in the street when I encountered an enemy. Him and I both fumbled our shots, but I had a better reload. He couldn’t pen me because he was a new clueless premium player. I wanted to shoot his ass, but no, a premium player behind me pushed me right before I could take the shot. No problem, the enemy also fumbled. I still had him, and I was ready to shoot. Nope, yet again that teammate pushed me right before I could shoot. NOT EXAGGERATING! The enemy fumbled his shot again, and I got pushed again right before I could take my shot. It’s not a joke. I don’t think my teammate was doing this intentionally, he was like level 6. anyway, he pushed me so much that I turned to my side and the enemy, on his 4th shot, managed to kill me. That idiot teammate then also died to him. Bravo! (sorry for the venting but I’m honestly crying inside bc I broke my mouse)

1 Like

Because you assume no one has other things to do and higher priorities than a mediocre video game.

1 Like

Higher priorities like… spending $50 on drinks.
Video games are 0.25 an hour at most, and you don’t have to drive anywhere.
I’m also lucky to have a park in walking distance.
If it requires a drive I ain’t doing it.

Like… raising children, paying for college, vacations, other hobbies IRL. Just because you have centered your life on WT, doesn’t mean other do or should. Seems like thats unhealthy to me.

3 Likes

HaHaHa… I ain’t poor… I can pay my mortgage, feed the family & cat, pay all our household bills, pay to run the car, etc, etc. I’m just saying that because my family are not selfish, we take it in turns to spend any spare cash. That’s as long as the washing machine or fridge or shower or car do not go wrong or just wear out and need to be replaced. Why can’t one of the kids have the spare cash? Why can’t they have a bigger bike as they’ve grown out the last one, or one of them likes ice hockey (actually my oldest does), goes to the local rink, can skate really, really well, but hire boots are just jank and horrible with bent blades; why can’t he have his own hockey skates with his mates (he actually does)?

And as for the comment about having a family a BAD LIFE DECISION… who are you to tell me my family are a BAD LIFE DECISION. I love my family and would kill for them just like anyone else would for their own family. My wife and I have been together over 30 years and are STILL happy. No divorce here.

If you can’t share and think of others as well as yourself, then I’m not the one with a problem at all.

Again… HaHaHa… the company isn’t poor. Don’y even try to insult peples intelligence by thinking they will believe that the company needs money THAT desperately.

Most real F2P games don’t last long or no longer exist because they can’t close their business model

That’s false. One of the most popular free-to-play MMO games, League of Legends, has no microtransactions that can be considered “pay to win.” Instead, all players have access to all game features over time, and nearly all revenue comes from a cosmetic-based business model, which has proven to be highly effective. This model is significantly underutilized in War Thunder. It’s unacceptable that there are over 2,500 vehicles but fewer than 700 paid skins, despite the easy and justified implementation of war camouflages. In contrast, League of Legends has 160 champions and 1,600 skins.

Gaijin seems to favor a controversial business model based on player frustration. A frustrated player tends to spend more than a satisfied one. However, this approach leads to long-term failure, as we are already beginning to see signs of this.

2 Likes

lol