Grass-in-optics and realistic optic placement

I think realistic is a bit closer to having the current system than that. Sim forces it and I think it makes sense to keep it this way for both modes.

For grass, it’s just too graphics intensive for some people

It is because grass isn’t even rendered in at all on lower texture settings.

How? It only adjusts vertical

So you’re running 512mbotbefa. Got it.

Environment such as what?

It has nothing to do with texture settings.

Yes!

Does this help me in anyway?

You don’t have to degrade your gfx, just toggle off grass in scope

1 Like

No just leave it. Game is frustrating enough thanks. I play on Xbox and take the graphics how they are, I have no choice, what stops you doing the same?

1 Like

No to the realistic tank sight. This will make tanks that require aiming at small weakspots to kill them, very hard to kill. It also seems very bad from the perspective of a newer player, imagine the confusion when you fire and the shell doesn’t come from where you thought it would.

2 Likes

It drastically reduces graphic quality compared to dedicated systems, so take that as you will.

Do you mean that my gfx card is 512mb anyway Quality looks great to me better than my old xbox 1, shame i dont have a 4k tv

There is a difference when the graphics engine has to render across the entire FoV for a display and in depth, vs when it only has to do it in a fraction of that in a sight.
If it is “forced” in all settings then even if you have texture details set to “asphalt” it doesn’t matter, everyone is going to get an eyefull of green fuzz.

The grass isn’t there to be rendered…

lol. It is if the program says it is.
Just because the game renders a terrain like a freshly mown lawn to have mercy upon players using potatoes for computers, does not mean that is the “reality” that is being simulated.
“Grass in Sight” was just a nod to “playability” to make game easier, but its not at all realistic. If you don’t want realistic, then you should be playing arcade where grass don’t matter.

1 Like

The grass shoeing in view is one reason the German SPAA are terrible in low BRs. If we could actually see we might use them a bit more and help with the CAS issue.

Sure dont need the same problem with tanks.

We have the fantasy viewpoints to make up for the fact we have no infantry support in the game. You have to remember just how far removed from reality warthunder is. You have no troops to guide you through a town ,so you need the in game view to look around corners etc .

All consoles have the 512mb option automatically selected, because as i’ve said earlier, they’re VM based platforms. It has to partition its hardware resources to be able to run apps and games, and thus WT has options that uses those resources more efficiently.

Do i change setting in WT or on console for this 512mb?

It’s something you need to access the config to change.

Im guessing that i have to get all techy to do this? Not that i need to but i like to tinker lol