GPS guided bombs vs TV guided bombs

Idk about that, ever since they nerfed laser bomb seeker ranges, their usefulness dropped for me. At extended designation ranges (like 15km), laser spot tracking performance is dropped by so much that the bombs very often fail to pick up the laser or way too late for an accurate hit. TV bombs, even though they may not track from long range either, at least hold their POINT lock, allowing you to super accurately hit stationary points, with the upside that it’s fire and forget (no need to stay vulnerable while lasing), and potentionally still tracks the target if the target has only moved a little or only starts moving when the bomb is close. With the GBU-24, for instance I can not even accurately hit stationary points from extended ranges since the nerf. Though at lower BRs, where you can confortably sit at closer ranges, I can imagine LGBs are probably better.

I put out a bug report however to potentially improve laser guided bomb tracking ranges across the board, making them be (reliably) useable from even extended designation ranges, like they used to. So hopefully LGBs can be useful again for long range applications.

1 Like

So…

Kr-E’s (Kr-E apostrophe S)

Yeah, TV has fire and forget capabilities but it completely falls flat at night or when a cloud is in the way.

Now, if it’s a clear day though, I’d pick a TV bomb any day, especially the KAB-1500Kr.

Sure at night indeed TV is completely useless, but since you can turn off that option, it’s not necessarily as relevant. Though you can still lase through clouds I think, targeting pods will also fail to track through clouds and so will your eyes. And similarly, you still need to be “close” to the target to successfully lase, which isn’t ideal. I wager even in cloudy weather TV bombs are better, since you only need to find one gap in the clouds to drop, whereas for laser you probably want to stay inside that gap the entire time in order to see what you are lasing. Either way you want to find a gap in the clouds for both weapons. Clouds are kinda stupid in general though, since they seem to be not even synced across clients, so sometimes it’s possible to lock through clouds, and similarly sometimes IR SPAA shoot you down through clouds, but I digress.

True

eminem-now-this-looks-like-a-job-for-me

3 Likes

Yeah, because it’s the KAB-500Kr-E’s color TV guidance computer.

(The KAB-500KR-E posses a Color TV guidance computer)

Btw how does having color tv guidance computer help it in the dark?

Idk, that’s just what dude said, because it can apparently help differentiate some reflected light better than black and white.

But idk if that’s just BS or not. A straight up IR filtered lens would do the job. (As in a phosphorus coated lens with an electrical stimulant like a pair of tube NVOD ya know like this):

1 Like

Can you make a suggestion on the ability to designate targets using recon drones?

Sure! I’ve already created some illustrations for an upcoming suggestion about sharing target points with squad/teammates.

So one guy could designate with their drone and pass the target point to a teammate in an aircraft for instance.

1 Like

Spice 2000?
spicy-hot

It’s an IR though, which, isn’t technically a TV bomb.

You can also include the ability to use recon drone by the player himself. If a player spawns a recon drone while playing with tanks that recon drone should stay after his tank gets destroyed. When that guy spawns in a jet he should get the ability to use that drone when he reaches at a certain distance from the capture point(20 or 15km should be ideal).
This should reduce the dependency on teammates.

Pros of the Sat bombs

• they won’t be drawn away by tank wrecks near the targets, where TV bombs can swap locks

• much faster to ripple off at multiple targets

• you also don’t need direct line of sight to drop, only LOS to mark the coordinates initially. After that you can drop below the treeline/ridgeline and lob the bombs over it

• they can be used at night time

So, they have their benefits. I like taking both at the same time on the Su-24M.

I’m wait another variants included with F-15E (late production) in the future

• GBU-15(V)31/B
  • GBU-15(V)32/B
  • GBU-15(V)1C/B
  • GBU-15(V)2C/B
  • GBU-15(V)31A/B
  • GBU-15(V)32A/B
  • EGBU-15
1 Like

No

Thank you bro o7

1 Like