Give Challenger 3 (TD) its historical DM63 and 5 second reload

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

This is not just a historical suggestion, but a gameplay balance one as well.

Challenger 3 (TD), U.K’s Rank VIII addition, was suppossed to be the peak of the British tech tree for the years to come.

Instead, it is just a Challenger 2 without turret spall liners and with an L/55 gun. And worst of all; its turret bustle ammorack leads to ammo detonation death every time the mantlet is hit, so, in terms of survivability, it’s even worse than the other Challenger 2s.

That is why I am suggesting its historical munition choice of DM63; thanks to its new propellant, the tank would not always just blow up and die every time it was hit on the mantlet.

That way, the peak of the British tech tree would have, at least, ONE saving grace to make it actually worth it of being the end of the line for the tree for the years to come.

Additionally, Challenger 3 (TD) should have a 5 second reload, like every other Challenger. There’s no reason why every other Challenger, or every Abrams, can have a 5 second reload… but Challenger 3 (TD) must be 6 seconds.

EDIT: This thread went from an attempt at making the pinnacle vehicle of a below-average nation’s tree slightly more balanced and relevant compared to its counterparts…

…to being a banter of mains from a certain nation whose’s main point is, basically: “I have better mobility, better hull armor, fewer and smaller weakspots, better survivability, better gun handling and better lineup- but I will NOT tolerate this mediocre tank getting a single marginal improvement if I don’t get it too!”

Welp, that was deppressing, I’m outta here xd.

22 Likes

2a7v must got it too? Same gun and etc?

22 Likes

And the 2A7 HU lul

9 Likes

Leopard 2A7V has blowout panels, 3 times smaller mantlet weakspot, nearly twice as much hull armor, 300 more HP giving it increased acceleration and agility, significantly better gun handling via faster traverse speeds, and fighting compartment fully coated in spall liners.

Leopard 2A7V and Challenger 3 (TD) are not even on the same league, yet they are suppossed to be- Challenger 3 (TD) getting DM63 would be an attempt at having ONE saving grace compared to tanks precisely like 2A7V.

13 Likes

Matters 0 because they dont work…

3 Likes

Remove all the armour from the 2A7V and reduce its top speed, then sure. I cant see why not

10 Likes

So the Ariete should get DM83 and an 5 second reload?
Because no armor and mobility also sucks

4 Likes

If it’s going to stay at 11.7, yes, yes, it should. Except Ariete’s gun is incapable of firing DM73 or the still unexisting DM83; these shells require L/55A1 for the increased pressure- best it could get (and should) is DM63, along with the 5 second reload.

Now that the “Ariete card” has already been burned, I guess we can go back to discussing whether Challenger 3 (TD) needs these changes or not. (Sorry if I sound rude here, but I am tired that every time anyone attempts to discuss issue regarding any MBT, the Ariete is always somehow brought into the conversation.)

15 Likes

Challenger 3 (TD) is the worst 11.7 currently, +1

3 Likes

Yep… There are 3 ways to balance a tank

1. Reload rate
  2. loadout
  3. BR

If they wont lower its BR, it should get a better shell and/or a better reload. Id have no issue with Ariette getting some buffs. Italy and the UK have some of the worst MBTs at top tier currently and both need some TLC. But this thread is specifically about 1 British MBT the Challenger 3TD and if you think the Ariette is in need of a shell/reload buff then create a thread of your own and link it, I’ll happily vote yes

9 Likes

not only no spall liners all add-on armor is gone as well so it can be lower plated by most ww2 tanks and no side armor either so yea very underwhelming

reload rate i could tolerate.

But germany gets DM63 as well or it aint getting added at all

2 Likes

7 Likes

and? what does that matter:
Why should germany not get its historical ammunition?

2 Likes

Like I’ve said in other threads, the BR’s should probably be:

• Challenger 2 TES, Challenger 2 OES: 11.3 > 10.7
  • Challenger 2, Challenger 2 (2F): 11.3 > 11.0
  • Challenger 3 TD, Black Night: 11.7 > 11.3
7 Likes

This is a gameplay balance matter.

Challenger 3 (TD) is light years behind Leopard 2A7V; being one of the worst MBTs at 11.7 vs one of the best MBTs the game will ever see.

This new munition choice would be an attempt at making Challenger 3 (TD) be worth… something. Leopard 2A7V needs no further performance improvements, beyond technical underperforming matters regarding the armor, some of which are getting fixed this major update.

4 Likes

Not like it would do much, since most matches would still be 11.7 uptiers- but it would still be a welcome change, since at least it would imply lower SP costs and occassional non-11.7 matches, even.

Furthermore, Ground needs to be decompressed at very least up to 13.7, being the 2A7s and 122s at the very peak along with future potential additions like the EMBTs, SEPv3, etc.

1 Like

sorry but i am generaly not for adding new armaments but leaving the main users out of it

2 Likes

Then the Leo 2’s should get it as well.

Hell, Germany should even get it first then because the DM rounds are German rounds.

2 Likes

‎ ‎

5 Likes