Get the Iranian F-14A IRIAF in the ‘Persian Tomcat’ event

Sadly yes, unless anyone can find sources proving it received an upgraded one at any point in time.

this fake or ney?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1eil04f/iranian_f14a_preview/

my b didn’t mean to reply to you.

Ppl here get 24 hour clock confused with real military time, real military time omits the : part of it.

When F-15EX with max 22 amraams

2 Likes

All of you are wrong. I am Iranian and I approve of everything Gaijin is doing, except for R27R. IMO it shouldnt have R27R. Having Sejil and Fakour AA missiles is unique enough, and having Yaser makes it even more unique. No need to throw in the R27.
Having 2 or possibly 3 Iranian F-14 versions is also an interesting idea:
IIAF F-14A (basically F-14A with glove vanes and all the standard F-14A armaments, with the added IRST, but with original IIAF camo)
IRIAF F-14A (what we are getting here, though with the original IIAF camo)
IRIAF F-14AM (inclusion of R73 and more powerful radar, and the camo is the camo Gaijin is giving us here) however, info is scarce so probably not going to be implemented

2 Likes

My family is Iranian and it doesn’t make my word stronger than anyone else’s, the R-27R is a necessary addition and the current state of the vehicle is perfect. It has a small amount of countermeasures and mediocre IR missiles to levy the insane BVR missiles.

If it can’t fire them then it shouldn’t have it, the standard should be the same across the board.

Why does it need R27R? it has Fakour90 and Aim54 Fox-3 missiles, and sejil Fox-1. IR missiles are overrated for a low CM count airplane anyway. It only has 60 CMs and getting close is basically a death sentence.

PS. people were malding about it being in the US tree, I am here to say that I and probably the majority of the Iranian player-base are very ok with the plane being added to the US tree

4 Likes

Check out this forum page: Iranian Grounds Force Tech Tree

There are a lot of unique Iranian vehicles, and that’s just ground vehicles. Iran has a good amount of unique aircraft and helicopters as well. It is the country with the most amount of potential to be added to War Thunder.

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

Pssst, don’t forget to link the Hypothetical Iranian Air TT

1 Like

I belive the F-14 should be in the Russian tech tree it would just make more sense due to the geograpihical location of iran and it being politicaly closer to russia also it got russian missiles it would balance the game more because russia is already suffering with the R-77 at top tier so they would have another Fox-3.

2 Likes

Hmmm how about no

Hard to swallow pills

Russia had nothing to do with this aircraft, and USA had everything to do with it. Cope.
IMG_4877

6 Likes

Nah.

Keep stuff like this in the tree that made it.

1 Like

Can you atleast tell a reason why?

Why? MiG-29 are also in multible nations.

I just did. Re-read the meme.

The MiG-29 is in the nations that operated them, and in subtrees that have designated homes in main trees.

2 Likes

Yes and Iran is neither in USA or Russia right now and Iran would make more sense in Russia

1 Like

Absolutely not. The US provided these aircraft the Iran, Russia had absolutely nothing to do with the history of the aircraft when the US did, even if it did have other influences on other parts of the nation and its weaponry.

4 Likes