Get the Iranian F-14A IRIAF in the ‘Persian Tomcat’ event

If it was an Iranian tank, then yeah, most probably it would have gone to the soviet tree. But not the F-14.

Love everyone arguing against the nonsense of F-14 in Soviets.

5 Likes

Why is it nonsense?

(looks at his battle count)
Checks out…

It’s an American aircraft sold for export, and the Soviets never captured an F-14.

Same reason why F-15 F-16 and Apache are in multiple nation TT

We’ve explained it already, stop being ignorant like you haven’t already heard the answer. The Iranian F-14 is going to the USA as an event vehicle, and that’s not changing. Cope.

Yes but Iran as a sub nation makes more sense in Russia then USA for example why is there a Swiss Hunter in German tech tree?

1 Like

I tell you all reasons but you all just say no

Iran is not a sub-tree and will never be a sub tree cause there’s not enough vehicles.
Also Russia isn’t a tech tree, the Soviets are.
Russian equipment is just hosted in the Soviet tech tree.

4 Likes

I play since project X and in the last few weeks i played less war thunder so you just say what i say is wrong because i have a life?

I didn’t say sub tree i said a sub nation like switzerland

Fun fact :

Even with a shit ton of missiles, F-4S player statcards are usually trash as hell.

It is consistent with previous implementations.

The Canadian leopard would work in the UK tree due to the history the 2 nations have together, but it is in the German tree because it is a German tank.

Same playstyle BTW.
Only reason I haven’t played F-4J is cause I have Phantom FG1.
Yet people will say F-4J is bad and F-14A is OP.

And no, not saying they’re equal, just saying they’re largely equally balanced for the BRs they are.

The Hunter F58 is a British jet yet Germany got the swiss one

Your “reasons” lack logic, and don’t align with gaijin’s rules of implementation of vehicles into war thunder.

I and probably the majority of the Iranian player-base are very ok with the plane being added to the US tree

And I also agree, both me and my Persian friend are more happy it isn’t in the Israeli tech tree as that would’ve been a huge insult.

Why does it need R27R? it has Fakour90 and Aim54 Fox-3 missiles, and sejil Fox-1. IR missiles are overrated for a low CM count airplane anyway

The reason it needs the R-27R is because unlike the F-14A and F-14B it won’t be receiving the AIM-7F/M. All it will have available for a agile Fox 3 other than the R-27R will be the AIM-7E-2 which doesn’t really cut it.

I still don’t understand how this ended up in Germany

The Hunter F.58 was most likely added to Germany to provide a platform with access to TV guided AGMs at that BR. They are most likely treating Switzerland as a support nation, just like Australia and Canada.

Most of us may dislike this, but that’s how it’s going to be.

The USSR tree does not need a F-14, they do not have an Iranian subtree, neither the Soviets nor the Russians had anything to do with the Iranian F-14, except for supplying R-27Rs, which didn’t actually end up being used on the Iranian F-14A. Therefore the Iranian F-14A is going to the country of origin.

1 Like