German CAS

didn’t the alpha jet had aim9Ls? They simply could add 2 or 3 versions depending on the missles and guided weapons

not the german version

Source: Dornier has this publicly viewable in their museum

With only dumb bombs it could be 8.7 or 9.0. Above these brs it’s a stretch.

I mean it is like borderline trans sonic and the german version had one 27mm Cannon with variable ROF in a centerline pod permanently installed so I’d understand if it’s like 9.3

also as I said there was a proposed Version or rather a started development with one unfinished prototype that should’ve added AGM-65 AiM-9B FGW.2 and an ECM pod to keep it in service

Dornier had a literal Wall of text on that development and why it didn’t continue in their AlphaJet Anniversary exhibition last year

this is a picture of a Scale mockup of the planned upgrade program

I may add that this isn’t the first time I’ve had this argument on the forums and it’s the very reason why I went to Dornier in Germany in the first place
I too once thought that it could carry AiM-9L, AGM-65 and Paveways but it turns out that were 2 diffrent Upgrade programs both done by the French half of the design team and neither were done to German or previously german owned AlphaJets

1 Like

So, is this upgrade completed? If so, that’s fine, atleast it’s based on a German plane, both old one and upgraded one can be in the game.

Not completed, was only a plan that was never realised

So, no any guided weapen?

nup, dumb bombs and rockets, i am not even sure if it got a ballistic computer

Nope.

Just a bit after the '91 Gulf War I had the chance to talk to a German Alpha Jet pilot. Germany had sent a squadron of Alpha Jets to Turkey during the war to help protect against a possible attack on Turkey by Iraq.

The pilot also confirmed that they only ever carried unguided weapons and would have used the Bl.755 cluster bombs in the Gulf if necessary, but he shily admitted they actually couldn’t have contributed in any significant way. to the war effort.

2 Likes

Germany has no sane Cas. The Alpha Jet, as already reported by other users, did not have guided weapons, the L-39ZO also does not have them, the Mako remains, but it is not a fact that it will be added at all with such an attitude towards the German Air Force in the game

West Germany didn’t have cold war bombers due to ww2 (not forced but a decision made by the politicians at the time). I guess it was similar with CAS.

Only real solution for the cas problems are planes from other nations or similar to japan introduce more “early” variants of planes like a F-4F without aim9Js or Su-22 with nerfed armarment

1 Like

an earlier F4F won’t have guided weapons either tho

the probably Peace Rhine upgraded one in the TT is the first that should have Guided A2G weapons but it’s at 10.7 and IRL carried AiM-9L which would make it at least 11.0+ again if we got them

in the end we just have to live with the fact that Germany has no CAS at this BR

the only Hope are the 2? or 3? stock F4Es the Luftwaffe Training squadron in the US had but that would be controversial again as those only ever flew with USAF Markings and camo on top of that one definitely being 11.0 too

If you wan to discuss German vehicles, please use Machinery of War section.