Malaysia uses the emplacement variant, not a self propelled unit.
It’s basically the shoulder fired launcher on a pintle mount, the better option is the Indonesian Vamtec RapidRanger which can fire both the Starstreak and Martlet missiles.
Malaysia uses the emplacement variant, not a self propelled unit.
It’s basically the shoulder fired launcher on a pintle mount, the better option is the Indonesian Vamtec RapidRanger which can fire both the Starstreak and Martlet missiles.
Well even better, hopefully they arrive very soon. I’m more annoyed not being able to deal with helis than jets.
This will be a decent alternatives: Malaysia Starburst missile on Land Rover

Well, I did submit the report, but I closed it right away. To be honest, I don’t really trust that site’s effectiveness…
Corruption and cronyism are rampant there. You need to get your own “pocket” CBR)))
what am I supposed to do here -_-
Manually switching to contrast locking SOMETIMES works.
Ngl the auto mode on IR+TV GAMs seekers sucks by itself.
At least for me, locking with IR- or contrast-only mode is much more reliable than auto under same conditions. When clear skies or there is small clouds, I use contrast (locks & hits targets 100% of times), but if the weather sucks and there is a lot of clutter IR mode is the only way.
From what I’ve seen the missile tries to default to TV, but switches to IR at the slightest inconvenience, even if IR is way out of range. And it seems that this means any obstruction in the seekers FOV makes it not lock, even if it doesn’t cover the targets image at all, so that tree in the video is probably why it didn’t work.
It’s really sad to see a high resolution CCD optical imaging seeker reduced to a glorified Strela in game, but at least it’s somewhat compensated with the overperforming IR backup channel that still gets IRCCM in game.
quite rare image of Thailand’s SPADA system, would be interesting to see more of older multi vehicle SAM system in the game

Interesting.