General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

A quick one…

10 Likes

Added that to my Post.

2 Likes

I have another photodump to share.

Spoiler

A while ago I posted a series of images relating to the Type 94 AA truck, here are two of them in normal quality.
type94aa

This is a new photo I found of the production version utilizing the Toyota GB truck, a second vehicle can be seen in the background.

I don’t think this vehicle was used for AA duties, but it is rare to see the Type 98 carried on a truck in the field.
type94aa
On the cover of J-Tank #15, you can clearly see a makeshift portee armed with a Type 94 37mm.

Found a blurb on the Chi-Ha Kai 57mm from (what book?), it reads:

"At best, it was equipped with a periscope. Perhaps the larger caliber 57 gun was reconsidered in order to use the ammunition (shaped charge shells) that had been completed towards the end of the war, or perhaps the 47 gun that was originally equipped was damaged and the 57 gun was installed without any supplies. This is all we can speculate about, but in any case, it is a strange car.

It is unfortunate that the unusually large muzzle of the gun is covered, making it impossible to distinguish between the 2nd Marine Division and the 1940s, but since the photo was taken in Sasebo, it is possible to tell the difference between the length of the barrel and the gun."

Interesting Japanese truck in China with an M1917 Browning. This might just be to display it alongside all the other captured weapons. Note the captured MG 08 at the front right.
truckm1917img1
truckm1917img2
Not relevant to the game, but it peaked my interest, seems to be some sort of modification to turn a half-track into a snowplow.

Moderately rare photo of the Na-To.
natorare
I also found this Twitter post that when changed to English reads “Type 89 12.7 cm twin anti-aircraft gun on a truck”. Two pictures are provided, but I cannot make out any truck in them. Probably just a error in translation since I doubt any truck produced by Imperial Japan could carry this large turret anyways.
type8912.7cm
type8912.7cmimg2

6 Likes

Is there a photo of this upgrade?

I would have used them if there were. The upgrade is probably not even started yet. And it’s most likely next year until we know more about the progress of the upgrade.

CTWV RCV spall liner version 2. Seems like the spall liners on the side of the hull are bugged .

This is not necessarily Thai, but I just found out about this - Cadillac Gage LAV-600.

Spoiler

Its just interesting as its essentially a LAV-300 slapped with a turret from the Stingray Light Tank. Shame this wasnt marketed to the RTA, wouldve fit quite nicely. On that note, the Philippines is the only active operator of the LAV-300 remaining in 90mm FSV variant afaik so its cool.

Spoiler

Which the Thai HMV-150 variant and Singaporean V-200 is part of the same chassis family.

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 Likes

The Royal Thai Marine Corps has recently received seven units of its new amphibious assault vehicle, known as the Armored Wheeled Amphibious Vehicle (AWAV) which have been domestically made in Thailand.

5 Likes

@TrickZZter
I came across this bug report about the Type 16 FPS headlight guard by @tanuki10, which was closed due to insufficient evidence. However, would this image provide enough proof that vehicle number 26-7907 is the only MCV with headlight guards installed, while the other four vehicles in the background do not have them?

The only source i could find for this image is from a Korean site: https://bemil.chosun.com/nbrd/bbs/view.html?b_bbs_id=10044&pn=1&num=213385&fbclid=IwY2xjawFj4VBleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHZX7YUguoHzd2j-9Lo4XJXE01ownaZaIrm3O1IhUXs14BO_1-5_boQ8cTQ_aem_71g_d9BvawVqtbi0L2YiBQ#none

Technically, this issue affects not only the Type 16 FPS but also the tech tree Type 16. The tech tree version should represent all Type 16s, not just a specific vehicle. It seems odd that a single vehicle with such a modification is used to represent all other Type 16s.

6 Likes

grafik
has the stingray alrdy been mentioned here?
note:
american tank with a 105mm gun only user to this day is the thai armed forces

Hi, you posted on a wrong thread. This thread is initially intended for land forces only…

1 Like

CTWV RCV fully dripped up. 🔥🔥🔥

9 Likes

Just noticed that now lmao

I’ll repost it when i find an appropriate thread for it

I only found this thread which is based on mine but for the ASDF only for some reason. I think it would be better for the OP to change it to include aircraft from all time periods.

The thread i posted below seems more appropriate since the thread you posted focuses on Postwar Air, not so much on the WW2 stuff while the thread i linked is on Japanese weapons more generally

I reposted there instead plus expanded it on it

Two suggestions of mine got selected two times in a row, thanks for your support!
Chi-Nu+Kai

17 Likes

Image is broken

1 Like

Yukari my beloved <3

1 Like

So what is the future for the Japanese ground tree MBT wise? The TKX has been in game since fire and ice. I’m not too well versed about Japanese MBTs but certainly there is something that can be added?

toyota
a sign that says toyota corolla in black and orange

6 Likes