General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

Also it was found that GRD-Z000865 will be imported weapon so probably RS6 or equivalent

4 Likes

Well thats very interesting

I assume some changes to the turret will be made? To accommodate for the APS and 30mm RWS?

Abrams X has a 30 mm RWS. I guess it’s the “future” now

It’s the M230 Bushmaster Chain Gun. I imagine Japan may evaluate the Bushmaster in the near future

3 Likes

They already operate the M230 on their Apaches no?

I think the only evaluation besides the mounting of the RWS on the tank itself would be of the Grumman-made airburst ammunition.

6 Likes

Due to my inactivity in the game, I lost the ability to post on the forum, so I hadn’t shared anything for a while. After recently playing a few games, I regained posting rights.

Anyway, here’s one of the very few videos of the Type 67 rocket artillery in action. It’s so rare that you could say this is the only known footage of the vehicle firing on the internet.

Among the past equipment of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF), the Type 68 Model 30 rocket howitzer is not very well known. It was the first tactical surface-to-surface rocket developed in Japan after the war and was a sophisticated weapon using cutting-edge technology of the time. The Type 68 rocket became a technical foundation for later domestic rocket and missile development, and its significance was very high.

The Type 68 rocket had a range of approximately 28 km, significantly exceeding the 23.5 km range of the JGSDF’s 155 mm cannon, which had the longest range at the time. Additionally, the warhead had an explosive weight of about 570 kg, which is three times that of the largest JGSDF artillery shell, the 203 mm shell. However, because it was unguided, it is said to have had considerable accuracy issues. Due to its high cost, it was only deployed to two rocket battalions under the 1st Artillery Brigade of the Northern Army.

Vehicle suggestion: Type 67 Model 30 Rocket Artillery

6 Likes

It had cutting-edge technology yet was also very inaccurate? Maybe you’re referring to the propulsion?

I clearly stated that the rocket had low accuracy due to being unguided, which is a common issue with rocket artillery, even in modern systems. The mention of cutting-edge technology highlights that, at the time, this type of weapon was innovative—especially for Japan, which had limited experience with rocket artillery development.

I was just curious what the cutting-edge technology was, exactly

The system does not carry any new unique technologies, rather it synergistically implements existing ones, but itself (at the time of development) it was a fairly advanced machine. The rocket filled the niche of tactical ballistic missile, direct access to which was closed due to political reasons. At the same time, Type 67 deprived of the missile guidance system, demonstrated an effective range sometimes even exceeding the real TBMs of its time, while maintaining an acceptable CEP. The system, despite all its limitations, turned out to be so successful that it became one of the main “long-live-vehicle" of the JSDF, and it was removed from service only after the collapse of the USSR.

3 Likes

Flame troopers riding alongside the Type 60 SPRG 👀

4 Likes

Three brothers.

11 Likes

Small engine power increase for ST-A1 and ST-A2.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nVxF5YVUQ6Hf

8 Likes

Nice, only if their models weren’t so horribly made then i would have cared about those tanks a little more. But there are probably many who dont really care about model accuracy so this would still be a little nice mobility buff given how sluggish they are.

3 Likes

Japanese 76mm smoke grenades are visually bugged.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/9vXI1hDeziQ5

CTWV RCV Armor Inconsistencies.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/n1aUPC5Elxpe

Type 90 Armor Bug With A Dozer Blade.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vPr3kK28f3Vi

Type 10 GUN SIGHT MODEL IS COVERED
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/AEp3RAie9zG8

5 Likes

It’s mainly that weird steering and transmission. I’m not quite sure what system it is supposed to be.

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS! Modernization Program for Type 10 Tanks is confirmed!

Key Focus: Defense improvements against anti-tank weapons and drones, which are now common threats in modern combat.

【Active Protection Systems (APS) Evaluation】
Conducted by: Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Agency (ATLA), Ministry of Defense

Selected APS for Evaluation:
Rafael’s Trophy
Rheinmetall’s Strike Shield
Elbit’s Iron Fist

Selection Criteria:
Protection against upper hemisphere threats
360° interception capability
Total weight under 1000 kg

【Remote-Operated Module Testing】
System: Kongsberg RS6 (equipped with a 30mm gun)
Key Features: Integrated with the APS
Equipped with sensors to detect high-speed objects (e.g., drones)
Enhances tank’s defense against aerial threats and ground-based threats.

【Production and Modernization Plans】
RS6 Module: Approx. 300 units planned for acquisition.
Produced domestically at a rate of 10 units per year.

Type 10 Tank Production: 12 additional tanks to be ordered in 2025, bringing the total to 148 units.
Ultimate goal: Produce around 300 tanks.

Modular Design: Future protection modules can be easily integrated into the Type 10 tanks from the factory, enabling seamless upgrades with advanced technologies.

https://x.com/THABOS47747375/status/1837132849662808353

23 Likes

Nice! We can look forward to more Type 10s in the future!

APS and 30mm is gonna be nice…now if only they also added CVT or simulated it than we would have a pretty solid top MBT.

9 Likes

When dreams become reality moment :D

Also; I’ve created a suggestion for Type 10 camo nets, similar to my Leopard 2A7V one.

10 Likes

Great job! Personally i do love to see the Type 10 become like this with a camouflage modification:

10 Likes