General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

This thing

Although this topic could easily turn into a political discussion, I’ll refrain from going further. However, it’s important to note that the Israeli ambassador was not invited to the Nagasaki Peace Ceremony due to the independent decision of the Mayor of Nagasaki, not for political reasons, and it does not reflect the stance of the Japanese government.source

To provide some more context: This, and also the fact that the Nagasaki mayor seemed to be falsely equivocating Israel with Russia and Belarus… That’s why the ambassadors skipped, not because Israel told them to or anything of that ilk. The US ambassador instead went to a different memorial service. US ambassador Rahm Emanuel to skip Japan’s atomic bomb memorial after Israeli delegation not invited | The Independent

It would be incorrect to characterize Japan-Israel relations as incredibly strained given that Japan also suspended funding to UNRWA, and that as a US ally, Japan is more on Israel’s side.

Let this be the end of any such political discussions.

I found more information regarding Japanese APS.

DSEI Japan 2019: Japan developing an active protection system | Shephard (shephardmedia.com)

ce5e72a6dba7f8971db6fc9da922c8a3

4 Likes

The only thing I fear now is that, like with the ERA supposedly tested on the Type 74, the tests will conclude without the exterior being disclosed…

3 Likes

ERA on Type 74? Is this some sort of testbed for potential implementation on the Type 90/10?

It was part of tests of Type 74 G modernisation program where ERA was planned to use. As I know there was document where they purchased about 480 ERA blocks but no one seen photos of Type 74 with ERA

6 Likes

Ah, seems like the kind of thing that someone may end up discovering photos or info about in the future, seeing as it was part of an official government program rather than a makeshift upgrade like what is currently being applied in Ukraine.

Its been 14 years and we still didnt see 48t version or any mentions about it and they are planning to build test APS.

48 tons is the version with all the additional armor installed, and there are many versions to choose from.
What is certain is that the 48t version exists. But the additional armor shape is being kept under wraps, so look for future type10 upgrades.

They don’t want anyone else to see it.

3 Likes

I remember someone posting it on old forum. No one has posted on the new forum yet.

Even was passed to devs

1 Like

Wait, what it’s that? I don’t know if it is because the picture is distorted and distorted, the model looks ugly.

1 Like

CTWV (RCV). Hopefully the ICV also comes.

Let’s check it out when the dev server is out to check for inaccuracies.

5 Likes

Is the last vehicle shown (the Imp. Chaparral-looking SPAA but on a van) a Japanese SPAA system?

Most likely Thailand

Would it be put in the Japanese tech tree (I’m trying to compile a list in the update trailer thread of all of the vehicles)?

It’s the Antelope air defense system from Taiwan, for the Chinese TT.

that’s the taiwanese gazelle spaa not japanese not thailand

1 Like

I don’t know, ok, I just got kicked by two pictures of someone else, gaijin must have hidden more stuff, just wait for the broadcast

Well yes the two pictures above are most certainly the RCV, and the Chaparral truck is the Taiwanese Antelope.

I think it’s reasonable to expect the ICV along with many other vehicles to be shown in the dev stream tomorrow.

This is what I’m thinking right now!

9 Likes