General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

Ho-Ri is expensive to play and alot of tanks can kill it frontally and everyplane looks for you imediately after you get a kill because they know it can be strafed or bombed easily

1 Like

Did they shodow nerf 81C ? 3.5 km can’t lock Ka50 with image sensor at sunny day and no cloud.

1 Like

that or it’s a bug. it’s gaijin afterall. they fix something another replaces it.

3 Likes

This Type 95 Ha-Go wreck is supposedly located in or near the city of Miura, in the Kanagawa prefecture.
Screenshot 2024-07-23 105520
The fact that this vehicle is supposedly found on the mainland intrigues me, I hope that we will learn more about it one day.
miurajp

6 Likes

you get a gripen and you get a gripen everyone gets a gripen xD
Thats pretty much the war thunder state as well
I am all for a swiss gripen getting implemented as well

1 Like

You wont be when the UK receives the South African Gripen the spam will increase
South Africa fielded the Mirage aswell

what do you mean? UK already has a south african grippen
neither do i care about UK getting a mirage

What i am hinting is to the addition of a swiss sub tree to germany and germany getting a trialed gripen to fill in gaps

Funny thing germany would get a mirage as well from switzerland

3 Likes

7 Likes

One question i’d like to ask

Has anybody considered making a thread on AESAN vehicles excluding Thailand and/or incorporating other AESAN nations into the General Japanese vehicle threads such as this one?

2 Likes

Sleep deprived, you should try it sometime.

already tried it ty, normally i have my daily reminder that i need to get some sleep

Every time I see Type 10 and Type 90 in the game I wonder if the gun breech extends further back.

1 Like

I always wonder why the autoloader extends behind the ammo when the real one doesn’t… I know it’s not balance since Leclerc lacks that issue.

The autoloader in game also surrounds both rows of ammo, while in reality the top row sits above it. I also assume this is where Gaijins confusion comes from, as the mechanisms they made up space for behind the ammo should sit below the bottom row. The belt drive of the autoloader is also supposed to be located in the front.

Spoiler

image-2
image-3
c57e71df24e6044fa0519b04a603599bbbb1a53a_2_1000x665

4 Likes

Perhaps gaijin was referring to the image in this link, it looks exactly like it does when you dive into it with X-Ray.
And the UK 3 TD is an L55A1, so you could copy it from Germany, but only Japan would be the only country where the gun breech is not modeled in detail. Well, they won’t fix the other modeling errors because they are being ignored.

1 Like

Possible, but even there the top row of ammo is depicted as sitting above the loader. There is also no massive block behind the ammo, but a few individual, smaller boxes.

I don’t understand why Gaijins autoloader is so big compared to the real one, almost like an intentional weakpoint…

2 Likes

There are individual small boxes behind them in the game, but I don’t know why they are enclosed. And perhaps in the top row and bottom row, the ammo holders would be reversed top and bottom.

1 Like

So inside the weird box it is modelled correctly? I haven’t actually looked inside to check before…
Still weird they would add such a large box around it as part of the damage model, while the Leclerc doesn’t have that.

Spoiler

image-4

As for the loader being too tall, I am quite sure of it. the hole in the front is supposed to be centered, and line up with the bottom row of ammo, but it doesn’t in game.

Spoiler

image-5
c57e71df24e6044fa0519b04a603599bbbb1a53a_2_1000x665

1 Like

I’m sure gaijin would have used the image in the link as a reference, but I don’t have enough information on the block behind it to know what it actually is. Other than that, you are probably correct.

1 Like

I found a neat blog with some interesting information and images. These are just the four that stood out to me the most, the website still has more to offer.

Rare photo of two M19A1s in JGSDF service.

Version of the Type 60 SPRG armed with Type 64 ATGMs, this one has an AN/PPS-4 ground search radar attached.

Prototype demining vehicle utilizing an M4A3 (76) W HVSS Sherman, 1956.

Not a new image per se, but an uncropped version of the Komatsu 105GSR that has been widely shared in its cropped state.

12 Likes

105GSR is really cool, hope it is added to the tech tree someday.

8 Likes