General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

At the very least, given that the warhead weight is the same as that of the AIM-120, this is either a placeholder figure or a major mistake by Gaijin. The warhead weight of the AAM-4 is 15.09 kg TNTeq.

4 Likes

Type 90 turrets are completely broken. I’m wondering if they are trying to move the turret slightly backward since it is positioned wrong in the game.

Eitherway this is a new update for everyone but the Japanese ground forces. This tech tree is dead than a cemetery. Two updates in a row, seems like they are trying to make a record or something.
Pretty much nothing new, no changes, no vehicle update, no new ammo no nothing beside the nerf for Type 90 and Type 10 because their auto-loaders now are damage modules… yay ?

3 Likes

Hey at least we got a viable ARH capable plane unlike Germany, gotta look at the positives xD

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I was hoping they’d add the ARH version of the Type 81 so we have a better SPAA option, but as usually our best SPAA is our new F-15J.

3 Likes

Yeah… last time i played air mode was like 5 years ago maybe.

1 Like

Fair enough, this in combination with the last update has felt very, dry. I kind of expected more (and im aware we don’t have everything yet) but for such a long wait with two seemingly rather dry updates in a row is annoying. Double so if we wont even get crew healing this update.

3 Likes

Rather than expecting for a new Japanese vehicles, i was honestly expecting more for a sub-tree, i thought the F-5 FCU was a hint to a sub-tree in the next update, included all the Thai air, ground and naval tech tree suggestens being passed to the devs at about the same time.

The France getting a sub-tree before Japan is completely unexpected.

8 Likes

French subtree isn’t even that good

1 Like

They probably work months, maybe 6 months at least, in advance. So the BeNeLux was probably planned to come while they sort out how the community feels about Thailand.

I agree, this entire update feels like its missing something. Sure the ARHs need some work, especially AAM4 with it failing to do much past 8km. But it still feels like its missing something “bigger”.

4 Likes

They’re adding a largely C&P BeNeLux Air (not even ground) and like 2 vehicles for every other nation… because they’re working so, so hard on the Thai subtree : )

1 Like

No, it isn’t. It’s completely full of copy-pastes. But what it does is confirm that ground vehicles from those three nations will be exclusive to France. So, in a couple of months, the ground tree will be expanded, and as far as I know, those three nations have quite interesting tanks. Despite being an underwhelming sub-tree, this addition marks a significant beginning for France in the coming months.

1 Like

It is understandable if the sub-tree for Japan is still being worked on and isn’t ready yet. This is optimistic thinking, assuming the Thai or SEA sub-tree is even real. It’s not going to be added this year since we have to wait for the BeNeLux ground forces to be implemented first. So, the Japanese sub-tree, if it is even planned, should be coming in 2025…

In b4 China gets a North Korea sub-tree first

But seriously though, can’t they at least add the rest of the Japanese ground vehicles in the meantime?

They could not at least give us another derp gun, sad

5 Likes

My beloved Type 16 with Anti-Everything Auto-Cannon…

5 Likes

I mean I guess, but I was really looking forward to the expansive domestic vehicles France has…

Gaijin did not actually finish AAM4, which was said to run out of 134kg of propellant in 2.75 seconds.

Still waiting for them to revert some changes made to the Type 89, Why does the new Swedish 9035 get to have belt reload and API-T while both were removed from the Type 89?
I know it’s work in progress, but still

1 Like

different cannons iirc, the Type 89 uses the Oerlikon KDE gun, which is fed by clips and an magazine on the breach. The 9035 uses the Bushmaster III, which is belt fed.

Oerlikon KDE as on the type 89

Hard to find a picture of the Bushmaster III, so I've grabbed a picture of the 30mm Bushmaster II, as the BM3 is a direct scaling up of.

4 Likes

bushmasters all use the same basic chaingun layout, as you can see. The 50mm bushmaster int his image is actually identical to the 35mm bushmaster 3, but using the 50mm cartdige (50x228 is just 35x228 straight walled), as you can see with them showing both 35 and 50mm cardiges inf ront of it

the type 89 is clip fed but AFAIK just like a bofors gun or similar you can load the gun while firing, to get continuous fire.

2 Likes

only if your faster than the loading mechanism lol, try not to get your finger clipped there