General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

ah sorry, i think i didn’t explain as clear as i think
the type 10 autoloader-rack replenishment i meant. i felt it was faster than it used to be.

1 Like

A nice premium addition for Japan would be PT-91M Pendekar. It would be a copy and paste, but it is incomplete because it is a very deep modernization of the T-72
PT-91M_Pendekar

2 Likes

I wont be able to test it, but iirc the “old” time to replenish the entire 14 shells in the autoloader was 5 min and 40 seconds with max crew and ace.

so it’s around 24 second-ish per round.
definitely a nerf then, right now is 30 second per round, so 14 is 7 min.

oof, yea that’s not good. It should be faster, especially as there is a hatch for the gunner to load from the inside. :(

I wouldnt suggest adding Malaysia first when Indonesia is right there with a lot more unique stuff to offer.

You couldve suggested actually locally built designs like the ACV-300 Adnan or the wholly unique AV-8 Gempita which is being built by DefTech that has one of the more comprehensive partnerships with Thailand through Chaiseri Metal & Rubber Co.

The Pendakar could be good but the Japanese TT doesnt need it.

I only suggested it as an interesting addition (soviet stong for japan) :)

2 Likes

No, they didn’t change anything, Both Type 90 and Type 10 always had this 30 second auto-loader replenishment since they were introduced, at least for the TKXs and Type 10.
And i do not believe aced crews affected replenishment time.

2 Likes

The worst thing they did was removing the reserve ammunition stored inside the hull.
type+90+4
These four rounds back in the day used to be reserve ammo, when you get ammo rack in the turret or ran out of ammo in the auto-loader magazine, one of the crews will be able to use these four rounds as emergency with a reasonable reload rate. Although these four round are still a weakspot in the hull (iirc) but this mechanic no longer exist, who knows why.

5 Likes

The Mitsubishi AL with supercharger that produced 510hp was intended for only the Chi-Ri II (and maybe a type of Ho-Ri). There is seemingly no mention in Japanese sources, primary or secondary, that it will be mounted in Chi-To. The US document’s wording is strange because they conflated the two engines. It may have required additional space for engine equipment only present in the slightly larger hull of Chi-Ri II over Chi-To.

• Chi-Ri II is not the tank called “Chi-Ri II” in game, rather it is the small and simplified Chi-Ri which remained a paper project that looks like Chi-To. (The tank in-game should really be renamed ‘Chi-Ri’)

Also, due to the devs using specs from the US document, the engine RPM is too low.

4 Likes

Where did you find the specific value of 510 hp, would you mind sharing? All the sources that I saw stated only “exceeded 500 hp.”

The wording is incorrect. It was originally developed to replace the Chi-Ri petrol engine, initially installed due to the lack of suitable tank diesel engines following the abandonment of low-power marine diesels. However, after the Chi-Ri project was folded, the development of the supercharger continued under the auspices of installing it in Chi-To, and the Americans captured the superchargers in the form of prototypes that were being tested. I hasten to remind the Chi-Ri project was already folded. Ho-Ri had its own independent re-engining program, where the main requirement was to increase power, hence the idea of ​​installing an aircraft engine there, as is done in the game. All further development options for the Ho-Ri and Chi-Se implied a significant increase in mass, which naturally follows from the change in the role of an infantry support tank to a de facto anti-tank vehicle, and therefore neither current nor future requirements could be satisfied even by a forced AL, an another engine was required by architecture and scale. Even in an emergency, the use of industrially developed aircraft/ship engines of suitable power, rather than AL, was considered.

Here you are not mistaken, the engine can gain more rpm. The careless developer used the rpm value at which peak power of engine is reached as its maximum number.

1 Like

Value of 510hp is from the US document “Ordinance Technical Intelligence Report Number 21”.

The wording of the US Navy document is ambiguous and is not proof that a 510hp engine was actually captured and brought to the USA, because it is worded as though the original and supercharged version are the same model of engine. But it is certainly possible.

It is stated in Japanese sources, including the Shikenshi publication made after the war by members of the 4th Research Institute, that the supercharged AL was planned to be installed in ‘Chi-Ri II’ (which was not built). I mentioned Ho-Ri as another possibility because a US document describes a type of Ho-Ri with the smaller hull dimensions of Chi-Ri II.

Yes Chi-Ri (the larger tank, built as we know it) was suspended by the end of the war. The nature of the offshoot ‘Chi-Ri II’ project is hard to understand because there is very little information, but it is notable that it is explicitly noted to have this engine, while Chi-To is simultaneously listed as 400 hp un-supercharged. Chi-Ri II was more or less a smaller and more economical Chi-Ri, and this engine may have been developed for it particularly. It’s slightly larger than Chi-To, although it seems rather redundant.

If there is a Japanese source book or document which says that the supercharged engine would be installed in Chi-To, I could be mistaken (I have checked pretty extensively and never found such a thing). Otherwise, it cannot be assumed that it would be installed because it was developed. There may have been a reason that it could not be installed without a change in design. Brief mentions of the engine in a US document which hardly even differentiate it from the original engine are too fragmentary and ambiguous. Every Japanese spec for Chi-To I have seen documented until the end of the war has the engine of 412 (400) horsepower.

The actually built Chi-To prototype was not installed with the supercharged engine. Neither do the Mitsubishi production drawings of the incomplete production model include it, which the Chi-To Late in-game is modeled from.

3 Likes

Is there anything about what this would’ve looked like? I assume this is the Chi-Ri that was intended for mass-production

Is the Chi-Se even real? The naming convention makes no sense here

Maru magazine from October 2011 seems to be the only source.

Forgot about the Type 79 ATGM equipped Type 96 modified for the opposing unit

The reason is to simulate enemy equipment that is not normally utilized by the Self-Defense Force, including landmines.

9 Likes

Is this also human aimed? Launcher looks more substantial

Have i missed something being done to the 81C?
Have had multiple matches where the 81C outright can’t get a lock on a heli that is within 4km with clear sky and nothing blocking the view even tried with IR and contrast only and still couldn’t get a lock.

not that i know check the type 81 datamines

The missile is manually guided.

It’s the same ATGM mounted on Type 89FV, utilized the more accurate guidance method known as ‘‘SACLOS’’.
Which unlike the Type 64 MAT that used a cntrol box to control the missile, SACLOS (Semi-Automatic Command to Line Of Sight) is a wired guidance system that sends a signal to control the missile in flight so that it matches the line of sight of the sighting device.

3 Likes