General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

@TrickZZter
I came across this bug report about the Type 16 FPS headlight guard by @tanuki10, which was closed due to insufficient evidence. However, would this image provide enough proof that vehicle number 26-7907 is the only MCV with headlight guards installed, while the other four vehicles in the background do not have them?

The only source i could find for this image is from a Korean site: https://bemil.chosun.com/nbrd/bbs/view.html?b_bbs_id=10044&pn=1&num=213385&fbclid=IwY2xjawFj4VBleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHZX7YUguoHzd2j-9Lo4XJXE01ownaZaIrm3O1IhUXs14BO_1-5_boQ8cTQ_aem_71g_d9BvawVqtbi0L2YiBQ#none

Technically, this issue affects not only the Type 16 FPS but also the tech tree Type 16. The tech tree version should represent all Type 16s, not just a specific vehicle. It seems odd that a single vehicle with such a modification is used to represent all other Type 16s.

6 Likes

grafik
has the stingray alrdy been mentioned here?
note:
american tank with a 105mm gun only user to this day is the thai armed forces

Hi, you posted on a wrong thread. This thread is initially intended for land forces only…

1 Like

CTWV RCV fully dripped up. 🔥🔥🔥

9 Likes

Just noticed that now lmao

I’ll repost it when i find an appropriate thread for it

I only found this thread which is based on mine but for the ASDF only for some reason. I think it would be better for the OP to change it to include aircraft from all time periods.

The thread i posted below seems more appropriate since the thread you posted focuses on Postwar Air, not so much on the WW2 stuff while the thread i linked is on Japanese weapons more generally

I reposted there instead plus expanded it on it

Two suggestions of mine got selected two times in a row, thanks for your support!
Chi-Nu+Kai

17 Likes

Image is broken

1 Like

Yukari my beloved <3

1 Like

So what is the future for the Japanese ground tree MBT wise? The TKX has been in game since fire and ice. I’m not too well versed about Japanese MBTs but certainly there is something that can be added?

toyota
a sign that says toyota corolla in black and orange

6 Likes

Upgraded Type 10 (Currently APS and 30mm RWS being bid on, maybe we could see additional upgrades)

6-wheeled Type 10 (pictures of it floating on the internet)

48-ton Type 10 (some package details known, appearance unknown)

Type 90 with T-ReCS (Though I honestly can’t see the external mod + no gameplay difference to other Type 90s)

STC prototype (Type 90 Prototype with vastly different hull config and turret + indigenous 120mm) -

Type 74 Urban Combat (additional armor of mostly unknown make-up applied to turret cheeks) -

Type 74 Vis-Mod (T-55/T-54 look)

11 Likes

What about a Type 90 w/ 135mm cannon? I’ve heard that the Type 90 was initially designed to support a 135mm, and since cannon prototypes were constructed, wouldn’t that count as a partial prototype?

Even when including other Asian nations, I believe this would probably be Japan’s only opportunity for a large-calibre MBT comparable to the M1 CATTB, Object 292, Leopard 2-140, etc.

2 Likes

The 135mm gun, AFAIK, was only for further research into tank cannons and was never actually intended for a tank.

I’d like to be proven wrong though, since it reached at least 2000m/s in testing.

5 Likes

After re-reading the well-written Type 90 prototype suggestions by Tasty on the old forums, I think you are correct.

I don’t remember where I read about it being able to fit in the Type 90, but perhaps it is just a mix-up referring to the downsized 120mm version found in the second prototype.

1 Like

Thank you, I can’t wait to see it.

A bit of late news, but Japan is trialing mothballing of some of their retired equipment such as the Type 74. A trial has been set for next year, and if results are promising, may continue on a larger scale.

Vehicles include the Type 74, Type 90, and (supposedly M270) MLRSs.

Link 1: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/285d07a4be0161799e0020e7447841ae451472fc?page=1
Link 2: 防衛省、74式戦車など「退役装備品」を有事に備え保管へ 長期化でも継戦能力を保つ狙い - 産経ニュース

5 Likes

What about the Type 87?

Site isn’t accessible in my country, what’s happening exactly?