Game Crashes in GRB but only after i spawn in plane

The game crashes every time I use air planes in GRB. It does not crash right away, but it is costing me a lot more time to finish my tasks. Like win battle with so much percentage of activity… This is new since the latest update.

Running 4090 with i91300k

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue. Updating graphic drivers doesn’t seem to solve it.

2 Likes

have you looked in your log?

Do you get the kernel-power 41 error?

1 Like

no sir. I get No error most of the time.

1 Like

Same. Often it is on plane crashes, but also just mid-game. Only once I got an error log, otherwise it is just an instant close. Last time it was the second I pressed “M” to look at the map. I could rejoin in the last minute and finish 1st place, but it is REALLY not fun.

2 Likes

I have same issue, my game crashes after getting killed in a plane or when flying a plane and pressing ‘M’(map) button. just straight to desktop. Annoing as hell, and gfx,windows drivers, settings nor reloading WT didn’t help. using 3070 and amx cpu.

2 Likes

Seems I’m having the same issue too,

No answer from Gaijin support I did log it with them.

2 Likes

no response here either. I havent had much of an issue here lately, but im sure as soon as i play next it will crash lol.

1 Like

I am also getting the same crashing straight to desktop with no error, since the last update. I also noticed it is usually just after I died, this last time specifically while in a plane in Ground RB. Might have also previously been when dying in a plane.
I will try logging it with Gaijin too, surely when loads of people have reported similar issues and the circumstances it crashes it should be easier to fix?

1 Like

Hi! Same issue here… Sometimes WT works for hours and other time it just… closes. Lately I have been seeing a crash report form and a “restart” option but it is very rare. No help in the event viewer… MSI 4090 works like a charm during stress tests and in all other games / applications (DaVinci Resolve, Furmar, 3dMark etc).
I thought that I nailed it down with nVidia Reflex - after disabling this frame buffer optimization tech, it felt like the game was fixed. Flying / end of battle stats / nothing caused an “immediate unexpected return to desktop”. Unfortunately when the evening came, so did the curse of return do desktop.
I have run out of ideas. Hope that someone will finally find out what is happening. It is also extremely nice of Gajin to encrypt logs… yeah…

3 Likes

Ah as for the setup: AMD 7950X 64GB RAM and MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090…

1 Like

Having the same problem.

When i’m in RB and I’m in a plane and I open the map…

Instant crash to desktop. System 13900k + RTX 4090.

I’ve deleted cache… verified the game… updated drivers… twice each.

2 Likes

i think it is a 4090 issue

1 Like

Same issue here, also running 4090 and 13900k. Only an issue in Ground battles (I only play Ground RB, no arcade or sim). If I don’t get in a plane, no issue. If I get in a plane and don’t look at the map, scorecard, or die; I’m fine.

Game will freeze sometimes ~20% when checking leaderboard in a plane in GRB
Game will freeze almost always when looking at map in plane in GRB, or after dying and when going back to the vehicle selection. Occurs maybe 95% of the time.

nah got same issues on a 3080, and my brother in law got this issue on an amd 7900xt

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, the game will be fine for a little bit but will end up randomly sending me to the desktop with a 1080 TI,

Out of curiosity, are any of you with crashes running Razer Cortex software?

Very constructive feedback. Thank you for your time.

You are welcome.

Crash ID: 0ce30b00ae