Gaijin, Stop blanket nerfing an entire game mode - This is just a lazy approach and does not address the cause of the nerf

The multiplier was set initially to get people to play more sim.
It was honestly too high with how much easier sim is to get score in than air RB.
They did this when the A-5C is being used, which is an aircraft that has 4 napalm, and 3 of them frag a base.

They aren’t trying to kill air-sim.

It should be that high, rewards should scale with the difficulty of the mode. That’s why arcade has lower rewards than realistic. The more difficult the mode the higher the rewards should be.

Again, that’s not a reward multiplier. That’s for event score, NOT rewards.
Rewards stay the same.

Yes, everyone knows it’s for the score multiplier for events, it says it in the changelog, the issue is is that Gaijin can’t stop nerfing Sim, since the addition of Useful Actions they just keep piling on the nerfs.

This is not a nerf to sim; this is a nerf to events, which isn’t really a nerf cause it’s still vastly more than the 1.33 - 1.4 events get for realistic battles.

Oh and that 390 score I got in that sim match? Yeah, that’s the same score I get in realistic battles.
For events that’s still = 897 for sim battle score, and 546 at best for realistic battle score.

I dunno man, going from a 3.0 score multiplier to a 2.3 seems like a Sim nerf to me. Maybe it seems that way because only the score multiplier for Sim got lowered. That is literally a nerf to Sim it can’t get any clearer than that.

4 Likes

I wonder why the Sim playerbase has only gone DOWN over the years…

1 Like

It’s cause the multiplier for arcade score is just always bad, and the multipliers for realistic score swaps between 1.33 and 1.4.
Whereas sim score for events has always been 3.0 for the longest time despite new tactics being created [some of which involve PVP], and so forth.

They are literally nerfing sim because airfield zombers were too good at grinding event score. No two ways about it.

3 Likes

And the next air event for realistic battle score will likely be 1.33 instead of 1.4 for the same reason.
Events are not guaranteed acquisitions.

Never have been, even when each stage required far lower score. What’s your point?

Also, going from 1.4x to 1.33x is a much weaker nerf than 3.0x to 2.3x.

Yeah and it should be bad. As I’ve said before rewards/score multipliers should increase as the difficulty of the gamemode increases. Arcade should be the worst, Realistic should be good but Sim should be much better.

The sim player-base has always been vastly outnumbered by people that just use the game mode to facilitate grinding. And the game mode is basically structured for easy exploitation / being non-competitive.

I was being somewhat facetious. Sim playerbase has gone down because the rewards SUCK. Making a profit without premium, even as a good player, is not easy and requires you to go out of your way to stop having fun.

Instead of just reducing mission points for af raids, they nerfed everything, bravo

Also there are better game that is called DCS World and IL-2 series.

Honestly, I would switch to IL-2 if 1C released IL-2 Korea.

DCS and IL-2 both greatly lack in aircraft variety, which I think is one aspect that WT is really wasting with its underdeveloped Sim mode.

2 Likes

It is certainly good that there are so many vehicles implemented, but unfortunately there are various problems with playing them, including economy issues.

It’s because by-and-large the game mode is heavily skewed by farmers / grinders and players that use whatever the most OP thing possible is for the day of the week…and people that leave games as soon as things get a little bit challenging.

The majority of sim players win more than half of their games. The largest subset of the player-base has a 70%+ win rate…and this is in a game mode where the average kills per fly-out is basically less than .2

The vast majority of the sim player-base as far as Gaijin is concerned are the PVE bots.

Even more reason to change it to make it impossible for bots and farmers to exploit that game mode.

2 Likes