Gaijin (as usual) not listening to feedback (RP Loss)

What??? Please highlight where you drew that conclusion. Also how can he make anti consumer posts when he is the consumer? Your comment has zero credibility.

3 Likes

Did you watch the linked video in the OP?
This issue has been around for as long as I remember. I’ve even tested this myself on several occasions with the same result. More RPs added to new vehicle research than to modules…

1 Like

There’s other ways to crew vehicle research that don’t also go into modules. Like the rp bonus from Spalding tiers of modules

It’s a known bug, it’s an issue that has been known for 7 years. The excess does not get added back.
(Community Bug Reporting System)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJdIzbeMD8)

I made a similar post a while back:

3 Likes

So you have not watched the video…
The author made sure to not include any kind of bonus RP, including for module tiers completion…

I’ve experienced and known about this for some time. Absolutely no excuse for this bug to still be around. Could’ve likely been fixed by one person in less than a week, but 7 years and still nothing seems more intentional than anything.

Clearly I’m just a very well disguised dev ))))

Seriously, don’t mind him. He can be best compared to one of those annoying siblings.

Seriously he tried to tell me, the 4.3 SKR got moved up in BR in the previous changes, then it became “at some point” (it was 4.3 on release, and has never been moved), then tried to tell me the RBU-6000 had a range of 1.5km (it’s 6000m, like the name suggests) then deleted all his comments lol.

He’s a good laugh, but I wouldn’t worry.

Anyway, back on topic:

I’m not sure whether to be horrified or impressed. I’m guessing it was bug reported on the old forum and archived?

Which, I will be fair, is perfectly understandable, considering there’s more than one thread on this. However my counterpoint would be, “the more threads and posts exist on the issue, the more incentive there is for Devs to notice and do something” (though 7 years is an awful long time to do nothing!)

Thanks for the plug. Was wondering if there was another post like this!

1 Like

@Firestarter claiming that those that critique War Thunder are bad things… -_-
Apparently me saying SKR-7 is 4.3 and stating the effective [accurate] range of RBU-6000 along with its maximum range of ~5500 meters is wrong.

Keep demeaning everyone that criticizes War Thunder, all that does is protect War Thunder from criticism.

I wonder if the bug itself is just weirdly complex or nearly impossible to fix without redoing a bunch of essential code. They’ve definitely known about it for a long time, but I am skeptical about it not being fixed is malicious.

@Firestarter There are 8 year old Reddit posts talking about the bug, so it’s been around for a long time.

1 Like

Wait you really tought Gaijin is taking a second of their time to come here and read what community feels like or want to see??? hahahahahhahahahha
To be fair after what I saw here, how people talk, think of them selves Im not suprised Gaijin is not wasting a nanosecond in here.

Game is good, comunity is garabage.
If you wanna change something use Support hopefully you can change something.

I mean, I’d like to think it isn’t malice, but the near complete radio silence on it makes little to no sense. A transparent, community orientated game dev might at some point say “hey, we’ve identified a bug with the game, we’re struggling to identify a fix, please bear with” at some point - it might even be the case that that has happened at some point, and someone in the know needs to trot out a link to aforementioned statement. (Alternatively, I could go snooping, but it could be anywhere on the old forum, an old Q&A video or post, and that would/will take some considerable time)

It being 7 to 8 years old seems pretty naff.

I feel like that’s a bit unfair. Sure, there are some members of the community that, on balance, aren’t that great, but calling the community outright garbage seems a bit excessive.

This be the problem - there’s been a bug report active and acknowledged for 3 years on the CBR ( Not recieving XP for modules when playing games in quick order // Gaijin.net // Issues), relating to this exact issue. My thoughts behind this post is bringing it back (and keeping it) in the minds and eyes of people - the more people interact with content about this particular bug, the more incentive there is for Gaijin to fix it.

1 Like

I JUST got an answer from Smin!!!

I think this is the only (?) answer we have gotten on this bug in several years. So now we at least know that its even being looked at at all.

1 Like

Being acknowledged is far better than nothing. Thanks for asking and dropping the reply in here.

Guess all we can do is sit tight, and keep the pressure applied.

1 Like

I think there should definitely be a better system of communication in place between the player base and the devs… it is difficult to gauge what is being listened to, ignored, or forgotten when bug reporting in general. Us Baz Meshupar players were pretty much ghosted for a month in response to the lack of TWS/HMD complaints until the snail mercifully blessed us with a patch.
It’s obvious running a forum like this is chaotic and complex, and there is no perfect solution available for directing feedback to and from the players and developers. I also appreciate all the work moderation has done so far to that end. I also think the way that bug reports being shown as community discovered and prompted in devblogs and patch notes is a great step in the right direction.
That being said
Even if it probably is not intentional, leaving such a significant bug as research just vanishing for (aproximately) 7 years virtually ignored reads like a major lack of respect for the playerbase on gaijin’s part. When problems like this appear (and they do very often) and get unrepresented it drives a wedge between both parties. Some serious changes need to be made or at least brought up into public discussion if Gaijin wants to avoid a second coming of the big red line on the steam review page.

Hard to find lol
I can point straight away 3 places where to look on top of my head. Account verification code, Battle result code, Code that ties Battle result with Account status/verification or in other words code that ties game client to the user databases. This is where any competent programmer would look first.

Wow so hard to find. Yeah if your code was written like a mess where everything holds by hopes and dreams of employees going home and seeing their familes for once then sure and if you want to look in the first place.

Bugs are not some “Oh it is so hard to find that bug oh I wonder where it is” most bugs if code is well structured are easy to find. Programmer will know exactly where to look. Everything will have clear label. Fixing might take some work or trial and error but it wont take 7 years. Here it would be as simple as add queue reward system or simple check.

It was proven times and times again Warthunder code is just a mess. If it was not, Gajin would not break stuff that was not broken patch before. Every single patch adds bugs in places that do not make sense because they should not been touched based on patch notes.

To be fair, this is all running off the back of a foundation laid 11 years ago which hadn’t (at least probably was not) ever intended to reach this level of feature creep…messy code is an understatement what is probably a pit of despair that has been stretched far beyond its limit

This only means that this bug is on the devs inside bug tracker. And we already know it’s there for years.

You can check my post here:

In 7 years companies can write about 2 games from zero. So the argument that it’s “a very complex issue” is a bit funny. They could have re-write the whole code responsible for handling battles results in that time if they only wanted to.

They could also easily add additional checks to make sure all extra RP goes into the RP pool, which would be a good enough workaround.

BTW: Just to show how bug reports are often treated. Take a look on this simple bug:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/21zkr0mkxeHA

It’s an easy bug to fix that is perfectly explained and can be easily replicated. This bug is in the game since 2018 (since the Naval game mode was added), and the devs didn’t have time to fix this. I guess this one is also “a very complex issue”. So complex, that I’m pretty sure I could fix it myself if I had access to the game’s source code.

When you enter the battle there is part of the code which saves your armament selection on all planes. To fix this bug all you need is to prevent saving that info if the plane is randomly added. It’s basically modifying one line of code (instead of the current save aircraft armament selection it should be if aircraft is not randomly chosen then save aircraft armament selection), but this is still too much to ask from the devs.

Do you know why such bugs are not touched for years? Because they are low priority bugs for the devs. From my private conversation, when I asked why this wasn’t touched for so many years, the staff member told me that there are “more important” bugs on the list. They basically always have more important things to do than to work on low priority bugs. That’s why you see some bugs waiting years to be fixed.

If someone really thinks that the devs are trying to fix this bug for 7 years and the bug is so complicated it still requires a few more years of coding then they should think again.

It’s so stupid that Gaijin are still looking into this after so many years. Bugs that increase the grind get ignored but the second there’s a bug that decreases the grind it’s fixed immediately (think faster respawning air rb bases).

I’ve probably lost enough mod rp to spade a top tier aircraft.

I must admit, aside from ones such as the A-4E crashing everyone’s game and so on, I don’t see what’s “more important”

I’m still confused as to how and why they didn’t notice that was a “Bug” for so long. More to the point, could they not have left it as it was?

You are looking at this from your perspective. Beside the content creator who made a video on this bug a few days ago, how many other content creators actually talked about this bug in the last 10 years?

On the forum (old and new) I saw literally a few topics about this bug and in every topic you have a very few posts. So even the community doesn’t really care too much about this issue.

Look how many posts you can find in the topic about the next update. Or how many posts you see in topics about specific vehicle suggestion. Most players care more about adding the new vehicle than fixing an old bug.

For the devs it works the same way. New tech-tree vehicles attract attention, new premiums mean greater profits. Fixing old bug means waste of time (time costs money).

One of the most important community issues atm is the underperforming Sholef. And it’s clearly also an important issue for Gaijin, because they even mentioned this in the latest CM Covert Disclosures. Players paid for the vehicle that is too weak currently. These are the real problems with the game.

Because they sometimes use bug fixes to their advantage.

For example, when they added battle passes, some challenges were easy to complete because your awards progress could continue after respawning. It was working like that since the beginning of the awards, and the description even suggested that’s how it should work.

To make challenges harder, they changed it so when you die your award series also finishes, and for the next vehicle it will count from zero. So this change not only reduced the SL gains (awards give players SL), but also made challenges harder to complete. It also made leaving after 1 death more reasonable than spawning again with a weaker vehicle, if your goal is to complete the challenge quickly. And almost all players ignored this change, because it was a bug fix after all.

What would you prefer to write in the changelog, if you were a dev:

• we reduced SL rewards, made challenges harder by changing how awards are counted
  • we fixed a bug with how awards are counted

The funniest thing about this bug fix is, they actually changed the texts inside the game. For example, the old description of the Professional award was “Reward for destroying 5 vehicles in a single match”. The new description is “Reward for destroying 5 vehicles without losing your own”. So this “bug” also included wrong texts inside the game and on the official wiki.

Only a few players noticed this change and talked about it. Most players were just happy about the new vehicles added in the same update. That’s just how bug fixes works sometimes. It’s just much easier for them to nerf things this way. And it clearly works, because today hardly anyone remembers this change in awards, it was implemented almost unnoticed.