CM Covert Disclosures No.3: Updates from Smin

Not just the posts themselves, but also the comment sections of the threads- CMs usually respond to many of the comments, specially over the first hour after posting or so, while they are still active right after posting!

2 Likes

Any news about leopard 2a7v and PSO armor fix from c-tech to d-tech insert?

Smin’s goated. We will finally get vapor!

Oh god, no. I wanted to take a break until next BP season. I hope it´s something East German at least.

As long as the AI units in there respawn, I am happy.

This is the thing I am most excited about since I´ve seen the datamine, but why only jet aircraft? I have seen a report from a Spitfire dive and hard pull created also vapor around its wings.

Another thing to scratch off of my wishlist. Now only get those collision lights, wheels turning on runway and of course, new variety of afterburner effects.

Exactly! It helps A LOT with giving players understanding and calming down discourse.

2 Likes

Hey. Its a very complex issue that is being investigated. Sadly there is little more that I can really add at the moment.

More detail will be shown a little closer to implementation. This was just a bit of a peak for now.

We implemented the changes we presented in that blog with the model rework.

5 Likes

Another event boxer?

1 Like

I think this is the only comment we have gotten on this issue for years, It’s REALLY nice to know its even being looked at at all! <3

Thanks for the answer :)

7 Likes

Its has been 3 years since it was acknolowedge. 3 years. Imagine if gaijin would ever take 3 years to fix a bug like the heli takeoff bug that generated a lot of rp.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the fuel tanks :)

*7 years, there was a report on the old forum as well before the new issues site even existed. and the bug was known about well before that as well.

Edit:
Just found another one from 2013 where it was said to be fixed?

4 Likes

I think this bug should be grandfathered in as a feature

1 Like

Fuel tanks are a feature being expanded gradually across all aircraft. We don’t consider this a bug, as they will receive them all over time.

2 Likes

“This will be fixed with one of upcoming updates.”
which, over the years, translates to

11 years…
Should this bug be a girl, it would be about time to have a talk about woman’s body… :)

1 Like

Also:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nL08Lex7fUDv

and then there is also the state of BOL and the state of how IR sigs are modeled that makes the Harrier’s in general some of the hottest aircraft in game by far.

But whilst the things you listed seem small, they will overhaul their performance significantly. FA2 is basically unplayable in Sim at the moment due to lack of HUD and placeholder RWR

Are developers aware that radar gyro sights are not working for more then 2 years now.

Also will it be possible to make texture for aircraft gunsights non repeating this has also been issue for atleast 8 years. When you make any dds it wil repeat into infinity making it unusable.

1 Like

Hello @Smin1080p_WT ! I LOVE the vapor effects. Hope to see them soon.

Is there any chance that Air sim EC can get a facelift in the foreseeable future?

Top tier is still fighting Korean era vehicles/objectives, and we haven’t received a new map in 2 years now.
Thanks

3 Likes

Seconded this. Sim is in need of some TLC

1 Like

Quite a few solid things addressed here. Has there been any talk or consideration regarding adding Aim 9L-i missiles to the IDS tornados in game? It would still remain quite balanced considering quite a few planes have missiles with IRCCM from 11.3+ and it would be limited to 2

They’ve already done a ‘‘Dev Blog’’ on the Abrams armor values.

As for effiency, I’m pretty sure the only thing they can do is make other nations’ top-tier premiums more attractive which’ll draw in more newbies on the other sides.