FV510 Warrior IFV - Technical Data and Discussion

Yes, I saw it too. My hype is low-to-medium, as it’s good but I’d rather have the Warrior DRV.

Arnt they practically the same vehicle just that the drv is a wee bit shorter

DRV is shorter by one roadwheel station, yes. This means with all other vehicle characteristics equal it will be lighter, have better hp/t, and will have a smaller turning circle.

Turrets and armament are identical, but the hulls are different. DRV side applique is a different type, has better coverage, and the front protection is wider. Both appear to have the same front Chobham as is seen on the FV510 during the Gulf War, and it may have been stretched across to the right side of the hull as well.

In summary, protection and mobility seem better on the DRV. It would also be a (prototype) British Army vehicle, whereas the Desert Warrior is an export vehicle.

The DRV has a modification with infrared absorbing screens.
5a6d98a2714af0aedf20ff01a0849ee77ccf07a0

Doesnt it also have a version with a radar tower

1 Like

Yeah, its just a desert warrior but cooler :)

2 Likes

Radar and optical station with thermal

this is because it can track and engage aircraft

Is there any info about the hull composite of the Warrior? In game, while it helps with 20mm AP shots, it doens’t make much difference at all.

Second thing, isn’t the engine too small? Like out of scale? When comparing to other IFVs with similar engine power, the Warrior’s engine is 10-20% smaller in size. Look at the M3 Bradley for example.

You might be on to something here,

3 Likes

I see the warrior engine size as a huge handicap, because the right side composite doesn’t cover the engine, the amount of free space there is a huge bullet magnet.

Imagine the M3 with a similar amrmour package, the engine would soak up these 30mm API-T and some of the APDS at distance.

obraz

Plus - the compartment for the FV510 engine bay is huge, I think that the radiator is misaligned…

ezgif-3-a130ed989d

3 Likes

Oh dear. They’ve modelled it with the radiator hinged up then scaled the whole thing down to fit it in the hull.
It’s supposed to stick out of the hull in that position, but isn’t in that position unless the powerpack is undergoing maintenance and the covers are off

The powerpack should be much bigger than it is and have the radiators down

5 Likes

Well thats a great picture to show its too small, but no doubt it will be hard to bug report this, since PiCtUrEs CaN bE eDiTeD

Pictures can be edited but no-name websites can be cited to nerf NATO equipment… and then these websites disappear xD

Stockholm sindrome too strong with this game

Also, I have found a topic on the old forums for the Warrior APDS penetration. I guess it would be good if they changed the 30x170 APDS to L14A2. It’s has both higher mass and initial velocity soo… more than 110 pen at 0 meters?

I have no words.

@Gunjob Would these photos suffice for a bug report? If so I’ll write up a bug report tommorrow

2 Likes

John you really went off with this list eh?

1 Like

What do you mean lol :)

1 Like