FV510 Warrior IFV - Technical Data and Discussion

And the WARP 2 appreciation post

Spoiler

Also the AMX-10RC, and amx-30, but not the warrior.

1 Like

And the Chieftain (but no Warrior indeed)
https://scontent.fcdg4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/15304410_1859696667583675_649526921637919785_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=dUG6A2WL2RIAX-kRuDW&_nc_ht=scontent.fcdg4-1.fna&oh=00_AfDlRSVFoCGNo_tFFxs1LLrIzWkYwAvyE0ShWenYfY4Xyw&oe=662422BA

Nice, I imagine it would be very useful as a wheeled SPAA. Is there any way of telling whether the guns are the 27mm or 30mm?

Yes the Warrior Sabre is looking very much a paper panzer as the only evidence is from the Forecast International June 2003 report, though their source is Alvis Ltd. Always the trouble with UK vehicles is that everything is analog until it leads to BAE, but BAE won’t talk.

Edit: I messaged RBSL on Linkedin to ask if they can do a Tank Tuesday on the Warrior DRV, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

They are 30mm, same guns as the DCA 30 and Falcon in game.

But… you know radar guided

Good picture of a Warrior TES with UOR upgrades from the front, thanks @John_Sneeeeeeeew.

Combination of old Chobham front armour and new WRAP2/ASPRO-HMT side protection system.

Edited; this picture was previously identified incorrectly as a TES(H).

It’s the older TES package for Iraq and Afghanistan being shown at a UOR demo in 2008. Usually gets called WRAP 2 after the armour fit, but it was a TES.

TES(H) was a revised spec delivered in 2011 and included the modular protection system developed ~2010 in part for Warrior CSP. Noticeably the backing screens for mounting both APSRO and bar armour on a common screen, are lighter. The revised front armour came with TES(H)

40 KG 41 was the first TES(H) delivered to Herrick, by C-17

Detail images of TES(H)

More recent photos of ASPRO mounted on the TES(H)'s modular screens. But I suppose this would be called OES nowadays (since Herrick is over)

1 Like

Add Warrior OES as premium gaijin, i want mega chonk warrior

Nuh uh, OES would be better as a tech tree one to bridge the gap to ajax, especially if we can get the APFSDS on it

They are so uncoordinated its honestly difficult to classify anything before TES(H) and the line between that and the OES is so blurred.

My fella there has been like 5 attempts at making a 30mm apfsds for the british gun

yeah, one of them will do, probably the latest rheinmetal one

Idk why given you cant just use the ATDU warrior
If the naming for the OES/TES is problematic

Yeah thats a good idea

Monkey is typing the longest essay you will ever see

OES would appear to be a broader standard for operations that might happen anywhere in the world. The crux of it seems to be situational awareness and protection levels scaled for different expected threats, and broad consideration for environments: Operations in urban areas or open terrain etc.
TES terminology is more specific to a place - a particular theatre of war. It will include additional changes to cope with issues like environmental mitigation for the local climate (cooling and dust filters in deserts etc.) or emerging threats within that theatre.

For War Thunder, OES seems better terminology.

2 Likes

Yea OES in UK is: “Well we say it is a protection pack that is best suited for a certain mission, but in reality it is we put anything that is in storage in any combination and call it a OES”

1 Like

Here’s a couple of labelled images I made of the systems installed on OES3 (ASPRO only present on Warrior ATDU).

1 Like

I saw some info on reddit datamine topic that the Desert Warrior is comming. I am hyped I guess