FV510 Warrior IFV - Technical Data and Discussion

The Desert Warrior feels a bit overtiered at 10.0, I still need to spade it, but I feel like its more 9.7 material

1 Like

This is a British vehicle we’re talking about lmao

4 Likes

Idk it’s in line with similar IFVs, only 2 less missiles than Bradley and it lacks the aircraft tracking, but in return we don’t have to deal with launcher deployment

slightly worse dart

1 Like

Missed that, but that’s shared with the 10.0 Dardo (as was mentioned earlier)

A bit surprising, indeed

Of course, I forgot, I should be glad its not 10.3 :)

1 Like

@Smin1080p According to the devblog the Desert Warrior should have M919, but in game it has PMB 090, is this something we should bug report, or is a balancing change?

11 Likes

they seem to have done something like this with the ICE. According to the devblog it was meant to get the L/I-1 but just has the regular L/I on live.

1 Like

I’m posting this here before they edit the devblog to remove any mention of M919. and let the Desert Warrior suffer with PMB090 at 10.0.

Its easier to edit a devblog then it is to give ammo to a vehicle.

2 Likes

i think the fv510 need your attention now
@Smin1080p
the reasons are above
thanks for your attention

Stock mobility is really really bad for the Desert Warrior

2 Likes

I already made report on wrong fcs module model and rn its already acknowledged and sent to the devs

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/OD7mxbViUUcW

1 Like

But there are 3 issues with desert warrior

1.- bullet casings are not dispensed from turret

2-front upper composite shouldnt be on desert warrior

• i think they are only storage boxes

3- in xray mode in the turret there are 2 optics which shouldnt been there

Is there evidence either for or against the DW having composite armour?

Well i didnt found any evidence for that upper front armor has composite,we know that lower front has composite armor but upper front hull armor seems to be only storage boxes

you can see it is very thin and also has X crossing and in the circles you can see locking and opening mechanism

1 Like

Here you can see 2 optics in the xray view mode that shouldnt be there at all

1 Like

yes the space inside is to be filled with tea

Could be a shallow storage box placed over composite, but I see what you mean. The trouble is that once something is implemented (even without evidence) it can only be changed by the community with evidence, and DW is still in service so it is not likely that any will be available.

What do you think about the lower glacis?