Fox is still overpowered

No joke, the other day I came face to face with an M50 in an early game rat fight and my habit of loading some APHE before the APDS bit me in the ass. Every single shot ricocheted off its front plate. If I had APDS ready it would have been an easy 1 shot kill.

Since then I’ve reduced my APHE from 3 mags to only 2 mags.

Until you fire point blank into the side of something and it just shatters every round in the magazine for no reason.

1 Like

I still find that less frustrating than when a Russian fuel tank eats an entire shell after it pens.

1 Like

Don’t forget, yank fuel tanks do it too.

1 Like

True, but yanks don’t line the entire crew compartment with fuel tanks like the Russians do.

1 Like

Give me your matchmaking.

Most of my Cent MK3 games are full uptiers against object 435s and other fun stuff.

I also seem to overwhelmingly end up playing with germany. Which tends to coincide with “Hmm, why am I alone defending a point/flank and where did my team evaporate to?.” It has honestly became an excellent predictor of whether a match is won or lost - do I got germans or russians/US on my team.

6 Likes

How the game looks playing most tanks:

How the game looks playing a German tank:

Wait till you get the mk10. It’s worse.

Well, based on my personal experience, 7.7 heavies are mostly dogshit, aside from Maus! I respect anyone who can play them well because it’s the only br where I didn’t find my 6.7 was struggling against in an uptier, most of my heavies at 7.7 are struggle except for the fatboi Maus, I don’t even want to play them in an uptier because they are just carrying dead weight with no real advantage.

1 Like

Conqueror is pretty good, only downside is its cupola tumour

Meh. Any Brit 20lber (APDS) can one or two shot a Maus, HEAT is also available, and 155mm HE slingers can OHK them fairly easily as well.

I feel bad for all heavies in WT. Too squishy if you know the weak spots even at tier, but too strong if you don’t need to care about weak spots. I am looking at you APHE, you make killing things that require precision much fun for incompetents who need to learn to aim or use a different shells for once.

Also. Yeah. FV4202 is superior to the Conq unfortunately. Slightly less armour (better angle for protection though most of the time), but still has a cannon that says F you significantly more often and has the same or less chance for shell shatter/nonpen. If the Conq had no shell shatter… Then it would actually be worth using.

All parts of a vehicle have to be considered if it is worth it. Not just firepower. Unfortunately too many peeps look at the firepower and armour only. Not all the effects that go into it.

My only issues with heavies is CAS spam, no issues with how other players kill me with any ground vehicles lol

Centy Mk. 10 is pretty good in my experience since it gets the 105mm L7, with a full stab too. Honestly one of my favorite guns ingame.

My gripes with it are mainly the BR compression though that’s not a fault of the tank itself.

It’s just slower at moving and reloading than the Vickers too, large silhouette, the armour plate is redundant at this BR which makes it unnecessarily overweight.

1 Like

bro shoots a weakspot and flabbergasted when it pens

1 Like

Lmao that’s fair

[quote=“Fluffy_Bucketles, post:782, topic:116959, full:true”]

Confirmation bias (Arguably also survivorship)

Not really, even my buddies were questioning it, because if I played Italy, USSR, or France we got an uptier immediately

-3 gun depression, and every enemy has HEAT FS or HEAT kinda makes that hard to do. For pretty much any of those Soviet tanks. Same with the French. Pretty much the maus is the only HEAT survivor.

It does? I get hit with a pebble and the whole thing explodes 😂 Tbf I’ve seen that happen to UK tanks too.

That really shouldn’t have penned at that high angle, with a 6.0’s stock round vs an 8.3 t-55, but I have seen crazier things happen.

A long time ago, I .50 cal’d a Leo 2 to death in my M1 abrams

Amazing bias, I dropped my cup of tea in fright

2 Likes

So we’re just gonna ignore the exceptional cannons on all of these. Soviet heavies at 7.7 are still pretty survivable if you engage from range. Hell, you can even brawl with them if you’re careful. French heavies at 7.7 also have exceptional guns, and decent reloads.

I play both of these pretty frequently, uptiers are only really an inconvenience with the French line and that’s only because you’re facing things that can effectively engage out to the same range as you.