Fox is still overpowered

and your argument for the Su-24 to get R-73s was

“A-10 has 4x Aim-9Ms so the Su-24 should get 6x R-73s at the same BR”

Fox is only good because players dont defend the flanks, if they did, it would be one of the weakest IFVs in game at the moment with its low fire rate and lack of stabiliser. 99% of it’s kills I see people get in it, they shot the target in the back. Any tank or IFV in that situation would do the same.

But Because its Britsih, everyone hates it and wants to nerf. You just want soviet equipment to the best and can’t stand any nation having better.

You REFUSED to accept that the Fox has very little going for it compared to many other IFVs, you REFUSED to accept that IFVs like the XM800 actually have advantages over the Fox. You REFUSED to even consider that soviet equipment like the BMP-2 might be over-powered and need to go up based upon your own argument.

Even IF the fox moves to 8.0. You’ll be back on here the following day complaining about it again and wont rest until its 12.0+ .Same with the A-10C. You tried to low and slow dogfight one in a Mig-23M and got rekt, therefore it must be OP. You wont be happy until that is at 13.7+ but god-forbit the Su-25s with IRCCM missiles move up at all

5 Likes

“Overall, 53-BM54 is on the same technological level as the 25mm M791 APDS and 30mm RARDEN L14 APDS. Because all of them have an uncapped tungsten alloy penetrator in a plastic sabot, they are not comparable to modern APDS shells for tank guns. Their performance degrades more rapidly on sloped armour, and they are more vulnerable to spaced or composite armour.“

THEY ARE EXTREMELY SIMILAR ROUNDS. Which I suspect the Fox’s gun is over preforming, and again, the most similar gun 2a72 may be under preforming.

Source:

So, RemoveCASfromGRB, considering the low amount of vehicles and time you have compared to me, not to mention you quite literally don’t have the Btr (the worst of the bunch)

Your stats vs mine:

Also, the ACTUAL pen vs an M48 for a btr btw :)

Only reliable side pen spot:

So submit a bug report then.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder

Make a thread about buffing the BTR’s gun instead of nerfing every non-soviet vehicle into the ground

7 Likes

Because I don’t know which one is technically over preforming / under preforming. Where I live I cannot access all the rarden documents, as I’m sure they are classified still.

I would need that documentation.

Resorting to stat shaming. Actual appalling, when nothing else work, just stat shame I guess.

Since it seems you are actually incapable of reading, I will simply copy and paste what I said that you just ignored.

Given that the 2A72 has a shorter barrel AND lower shell size, its no wonder RARDEN is 200 m/s faster.

RARDEN -

5mm more length = More gun powder
Longer Barrel = More velocity

2A72 -

5mm shorter case = less gun powder
Shorter Barrel = Less velocity

Your also stat shamming when myself never said the BTR was bad, your just having a nuclear meltdown over the Fox simply because something is better(Penetration Wise) then a Russian vehicle, and no reasonable person wants vehicles nerfed because of a personal vendetta someone has for that vehicle.

8 Likes

As far as I am aware, some of that data has already been found, check the warrior thread. The shells are not overperforming and in-fact the RARDEN is underperforming and should have a fire rate of 90 RPM but game limitations prevent it from recieving that fire rate or something.

If you can get sources for the BTR’s gun and it is actually underperforming in game. Submit a bug report.

But

“BTR 's gun is worse at the same BR so nerf the Fox”

is just a bad argument that will go absolutely no where

6 Likes

Lmao okay, I’m speaking facts, yes the FPS is higher with the Rarden than the 2a72, which is accurate in game, in fact, that source I posted btw, also shows that the 2a72 fires a HEAVIER projectile, which, means upon penetration it should deal more damage, the Rarden ammo is lighter, so yes it’s faster in speed.

Not stat shaming, you have triple the kills I do in my BTRs, so how is that shaming you? It’s proving the FOX is op, vs say, the BTR, with THE MOST SIMILAR GUN.

Barrel length: 2a72: 2.416 meters
Rarden: 2.44 meters

That’s not a drastic difference btw.

Hu. Actually, maybe its underperforming

(same gun on the fox)

No idea whether that report was actioned or not.

That’s funny I saw that, was gonna post it, but I assumed they fixed it already.

Yep. So then.

The Fox should have a higher fire rate and better pen (assuming the bug report wasnt fixed). Thanks for proving the Fox is underperforming and needs to buffed. This thread was kinda handy

2 Likes

The L14 APDS is 235g vs 3UBR8 at 222g.

1 Like

which would also mean that, that projectile would be slower. Which explain the penetration difference between the two, no?

Perhaps I like CVRTs, and maybe just maybe, I know how to effectively play them and as a result, I have good stats. Just as my stats in my Conq and Type 69 are higher then my Fox (yes they are different vehicle classes and different play styles).

Which means also the BTR is severly underperforming.

Which that post you sent was mainly angle pen, does it account for it being APDS, and not APBCHE?

Look back at the previous source. Total shell weight is 304 g for the 2a72, 300 for the Rarden.

Speed does not equal raw penetration.

Total mass is irrelevant, 4g can be made up from changing brass case to steel case, despite reduced powder charge and lighter penetrator. Penetrator mass for the L14 is 235g, 3UBR8 penetrator is only 222g.

Force = Mass x Acceleration

A slower round, with less mass will apply less force. By all accounts, the BTR’s round is lighter than the RARDENs and has a slightly lower velocity.

So in both attributes that affect the force applied to a round, the BTRs is worse.

3 Likes

“ in a 1996 paper from the Polish Military Institute of Armament Technology, a penetrator mass of just 200 grams was cited for the L14A2 projectile”

Got any soruces that isnt a blog?

This source says 300g

GVHxRDC

They have the same shell core makeup, and yes, I stated due to the velocity difference (many posts ago) it WOULD make sense the 2a72 with APDS would pen roughly 94-98 mm of armor (or similar) if the Fox is penning 110,

However with the shell weight being heavier in the 2a72, is should deal more post pen damage technically speaking.

“The L14A3 projectile assembly, including its sabot, weighs 300 grams - only 4 grams less than the 3UBR8 projectile including its sabot”