FOX-3: Active Radar Homing Missiles

You can find their datamined stats on this spreadsheet, they were mostly copy-pasted with the PL-12, Derby, and Darter notably being nerfed in performance.

Allegedly MICA was advertised with Gripen. Usually this is enough to add certain weapons into the game like they have done it before. Although I’d be against Swedish Gripen having MICA since they didn’t buy nor used MICAs in service. The red X marks the MICA.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1181103862359261235/1244356751000866918/image-139.png?ex=6654d108&is=66537f88&hm=029770c13422b1ea067607901f63fa0e145d7ee6487a04bd8455cef7820488d0&

Its well known that starting with C model all Gripen’s does have compatibility with entire NATO armament, the thing is we never saw any Gripen model that is equipped with MICA missiles in active service.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a photo of Gripen “equipping” MICA. But yeah, it didn’t have it in service.

If Swedish players want MICA on it, then they need to go back in time and ask the Swedish government to stop sucking at the teet of the US government and buy missiles that are best for it.

1 Like

It is for autoloaders that very much are only limited to ever take longer than their theoretical minimum by the desire to reduce stress for lower maintenance requirements, something not in War Thunder.
Even for human loader applying different levels of simulated “stress” or “training” for different vehicles is very much artificial.

It’s a balancing aspect that Gaijin is very open about and not pretending their stats are necessarily true, which in my opinion makes this a well implemented decision. Why deny something Gaijin communicate so openly?

Why would we? Amraam will be more then enough for now and Gripen E will recieve Meteor+IRIS-T combo.

Aside from couple people i dont think any Sweden mains demands MICA missiles for Gripen.

MICA should be belong to Mirage and Rafale family only.

1 Like

I suppose some Gripen players want IRIS-T simulator (MICA) until the IRIS-T comes, because it will be awhile until IIR missiles with datalink.

Well they can cry at the corner and i couldnt care less tbh.

2 Likes
  1. yes it is. the Abrams crew wont even pass training if they cant do 7 sec reload continuously IRL as has been proven multiple times and expert crew can do 3 sec. Gaijin has chosen to keep it higher for balance against autoloaders as they don’t simulate slower reload because of tank movement. Gaijin has stated themselves that they use reload speed as a balance stat, thus its not accurate in most of the tanks in game by design. i.e. artificial nerf/buff as needed for balance.

2. it was tested with HMD as a preparation for the C version. it never actively used it IRL which is the requirement for all other munitions. otherwise the JAS39 would have access to SO MANY more missiles/bombs as it has been prepared for a lot in prep for export.

3. wrong, it has never been proven. the British had tracers for theirs but Sweden never had them. Gaijin themselves stated as much when they added them. they added the British round to many Swedish planes for balance.

no? if you mean in game there is two (A and C) if you mean IRL then there is 6(7) of them A/B , C/D , E/F and a “team red” variant.

Edit:
corrected my statement on abrams as i misspoke.

1 Like

Yes, but that is usually not enough for things to get added to vehicles in game. in active service is the standard unless its a prototype vehicle that got tested with something.

Rooikat Mk.1D with a nearly 9 second reload on a 76mm (base crew) and only around 7 seconds with an ace crew

PGMs on the GR1
Starstreak on the AH mk1
ATGM on the SA heil
Guns on the gr7
AIM 9J on the F4F
Flares on the F5C
Tornado ADV (Italy) with Skyflash superTemp

i could go on and on

and they have denied others for the same reason. so that just further proves my point that armament is an artificial nerf/buff for Gaijin then.

How does giving PGMs to the GR1 is a balance thing

Ask Gaijin x)

yeah no, 3 seconds for one round ready in the loaders lap maybe 6-7 seconds is the passing grade, and should be (and is) the untrained crew reload (6.5 seconds) and currently as crew skill increases the reload decreases by the same percentage, per point of crew skill for all but autoloaders (that stat changes the autoloader replenishment time)
if you want the 3 seconds reload to be the ace crew reload then i want my challenger 2s 3 seconds reload, and leopard 2s 2-3 second reload

You are correct, i misspoke. 7 seconds is passing grade (i.e. beginner crew) and experienced crew do 3 seconds.
My bad.
still though, in game it used to be a lot higher than now and even now MAX crew is 5 sec.

and i don’t actually want that in game, i’m just pointing out that Gaijin uses it as a balance tool and not accurate to IRL.

1 Like

i cannot remember it was this thread or another but just imagine what actual reloads would be like, 1.2 (from what i read on the forums so nor reliable) reload on the type 10, a few balancing issues would arise

Leclerc, Type 90, and Type 10 have programmable reload speeds…
Computers…

@Necronomica
My brain forgot to include the letter A next to Gripen.

Actually someone did recently find a doc confirming they did actually buy those