PGMs on the GR1
Starstreak on the AH mk1
ATGM on the SA heil
Guns on the gr7
AIM 9J on the F4F
Flares on the F5C
Tornado ADV (Italy) with Skyflash superTemp

i could go on and on

and they have denied others for the same reason. so that just further proves my point that armament is an artificial nerf/buff for Gaijin then.

How does giving PGMs to the GR1 is a balance thing

Ask Gaijin x)

yeah no, 3 seconds for one round ready in the loaders lap maybe 6-7 seconds is the passing grade, and should be (and is) the untrained crew reload (6.5 seconds) and currently as crew skill increases the reload decreases by the same percentage, per point of crew skill for all but autoloaders (that stat changes the autoloader replenishment time)
if you want the 3 seconds reload to be the ace crew reload then i want my challenger 2s 3 seconds reload, and leopard 2s 2-3 second reload

You are correct, i misspoke. 7 seconds is passing grade (i.e. beginner crew) and experienced crew do 3 seconds.
My bad.
still though, in game it used to be a lot higher than now and even now MAX crew is 5 sec.

and i don’t actually want that in game, i’m just pointing out that Gaijin uses it as a balance tool and not accurate to IRL.

1 Like

i cannot remember it was this thread or another but just imagine what actual reloads would be like, 1.2 (from what i read on the forums so nor reliable) reload on the type 10, a few balancing issues would arise

Leclerc, Type 90, and Type 10 have programmable reload speeds…
Computers…

@Necronomica
My brain forgot to include the letter A next to Gripen.

Actually someone did recently find a doc confirming they did actually buy those

I might need gajin give AIM-9L/i or AIM-9L/i-1 on Tornado ADV (ITA) but omitted Skyflash SuperTemp

For Harrier GR.7, change targeting pod to TIALD 400 instead TIALD from Jaguar GR.1A/GR.1B

And now TIALD targeting pod on Tornado GR.1 from Jaguar GR.1A ?

Or change to TIALD 200 for Tornado GR.1 in the future ?

programmable still have a lower time limit set by the machinery that moves the rounds. Move to fast and the metal/hydraulics break.

And the A version of gripen still have about 5 or 6 upgrade packages it got over its lifetime IRL. Gaijin could have chosen at what point the in game version is from but they have instead picked and chosen wildly in between the packages on what to include or not.

Yeah for Leclerc it’s 5 seconds, but IRL crews usually set it to 6.
For Type 10 it’s allegedly less than 3.5 seconds, but in training it’s clearly 3.5 - 4 seconds likely set by the crew.

So Gaijin has then obviously set it to a different value for balance. i.e. artificial nerf.

1 Like

Gaijin clearly went with a “late” model of the JAS39A. As we move towards aircraft without much public documentation, this is just something we’re going to have to deal with.

Early JAS39A’s (Likely without some these upgrades present in-game) were 1,000kg lighter (~5700kg vs ~6700kg) compared to JAS39C, which would make it much more manoeuvrable due to higher TWR and better wing-loading.

Should’ve been the early and then the late should have been foldered under.

oh yes, a vast majority of the A version in game is VERY late. IIRC the in game version even has a radar it never used because it was introduced after the decommission of the A version.

absolutely!

Something i didn’t know :) nice ^^

They had an opportunity to add the early one with F16’s and Mig29’s with it’s 9L(i) missiles and without HMD, instead they had Sweden wait an entire year without a top tier jet and I guess they wanted to add something relevant to the meta of that update. My guess is they’re saving Swedish 39C for Iris-T and radar upgrade, and then the 39E when they add Rank 9 stuff. (I think it’ll be very potent with 200° radar and 7 Meteor loadout)

1 Like

Dont forget the Gripen NG.

Knowing Gaijin they will introduce demonstration Gripen in order to increase the grind.

Well, the radar is PS-05 for both 39A and 39C, the 39C however received multiple upgrades for it. 39A was decommissioned/retired in 2012.

There is like zero documentation available on the PS-05 outside advertisements due to it being classified. Gaijin is currently basing the PS-05/A off the Blue Vixen radar that it was based off, Gunjob made that happen with an internal report, so it’s basically a complete copy off some document for a blue-vixen radar. 39C radar is likely underperforming right now, but as I said before:

Interesting, have you got a link to that?