Force real gunner optics in Ground RB

This guy just doesn’t wanna play Sim. Simple as is.

Then why does War Thunder not have COD style gameplay in ground RB?
That’s only in ground arcade.

Wish that was only allowed in arcade since removing them is an arcade feature.

Good idea but also need bigger map that suitable for tanks battle

I’ve never seen a simulator battle where the Swedish T80 U doesn’t get team killed

I would very much like this change.
I have already experienced this style of gameplay both with WW2 machines and contemporary tanks in Simulator Battles and I like it.

It takes from 5 to 10 matches to get used to the new position of the sights (for some tanks it is easier and for others it is a bit harder) but you’ll get there.

This system would finally give meaning to the modelled sights on all tanks and would also keep in check the abuse of bushes, since at least the front of the gun sight must be clear.

4 Likes

play simulator,

Realistic mode, not true realism. Simulator can keep the forced realism features.

2 Likes

It’s better than tanks like Tiger 2 or Jagdtiger being completetly impossible to damage with tanks like Jumbo

I mean Tiger II’s and Jagdtigers were designed and produced to deal with both the logistical problem of heavier armored or better-equipped cannons.

Doesn’t mean they should bully Jumbos in Warthunder. Jumbo should never have been moved to 5.7

No, it really isn’t. Do you not see that the Jumbo 75 is overtiered precisely because barrel damage allows it to frontally survive encounters it has no damn business surviving? The same can probably be said for the 76 as well.

1 Like

Barrel damage has nothing to do with balance of a specific tank. Gajin just decided to screw the Jumbo over for 0 reason.

Except in the Jumbo’s case it kinda does. Barrel damage being as stupid as it is allows the Jumbo to frontally disable opponents it otherwise has no damn business being able to frontally cripple, then further take off the tracks and side-shot the tank.

Hence because barrel damage is what it is, Jumbos get more kills on average, they die less often, they contribute more to team WR, and thus their BRs go up or remain at hilarious levels.

1 Like

Realistic needs some changes anyways, no clue how we have realistic when there you can see through the smoke with an MG or how it marks a target for everyone, even planes 5km out.

1 Like

I wonder how much people would complain about being blind if the floating hit markers were removed completely, and scouting was solely on the map/minimap with no floating arrow.

I don’t know, does anyone actually like that? I think I benefit from it a lot by paying attention to the mini map but it wouldn’t give away your position to the entire enemy team to be hit with a single piece of artillery shrapnel.

Not many i would say,we didnt had em either before and lived.

I would quite enjoy if they were removed. No more getting focused because someone machine gunned you or failed to pen you and then half their team launches rounds blindly in your direction and kills you.

I’d be in favor of forcing the optic to be gunner only in RB, it makes armor useless 99% of the time.

2 Likes

After having my barrel one shot all the time, and that weakspots are much easier to hit, I’m starting to agree. I think quite a few tanks would still need to be rebalanced.