For the love of god give Germany a competitive top tier jet

There’s a big difference between fleshing out a nation’s tech tree and just copy-pasting vehicles. Sub-trees make sense, plugging holes in weak lineups at specific BRs.
Take Sweden’s new Tiger II P at 6.7. Sure, they literally used it for target practice and riddled it with holes. Well, hey, at least it fills a gap in their 6.7 lineup. Same story with the F-16AJ – a complete fabrication – shoehorned in to patch up a weak spot.
And don’t get me started on the South African Gripen in the UK tree or the Hungarian Gripen chilling with Italy. Italy’s top tier lineup is a dumpster fire, so they shove in the 2A7HU, a Hungarian tank, just to keep them competitive.
The F-4F ICE is already getting sympathy tears on the dev server. That thing doesn’t stand a chance against F-15s, F-16s, Su-27s, J-11s – you name it. It doesn’t even carry the AIM-9L/(I) missiles, the only Sidewinders that might make it halfway usable. Instead, they stick it with regular 9Ls. We need a real stopgap solution, something competitive until the Typhoon arrives. It’s crazy to expect this “flying brick” to fight against a bunch of 4th generation jets.

5 Likes

Every examples you take are, in my opinion, absolutely wrong.

Tiger II for Sweden.
Gripen for UK.
F-16AJ for Japan.

Throw them out!

2 Likes

Then we disagree at a fundamental level. Let’s leave it at that and agree to disagree.

We did try and get native options, but Gaijin wouldnt even consider any of them. Would have been much happier with native options (2 of which are actually being added this update) but… here we are.

Not that im expecting that many brits to still play the SAAF Gripen. At least not initially

1 Like

Development takes longer than a day. We know Typhoon’s in development and not coming this update.

Somewhere in the Can 2A4M thread, is a screenshot of Smin confirming that it is an official German sub tree

Found it!

3 Likes

but it is, just like smin confirmed india is an official sub nation for UK

the SK105 has no relations to germany at all

we have like over 5 screenshots of smin saying its the case, some people just dont wanna believe it

Doesnt explicitly say that “Argentina is the Sub-TT of Germany” it just says “What few Argentine vehicles we intend to add to the game, will go to Germany and we dont intend to add a South America/Argentine TT anytime soon”

2 Likes

Until that’s added however (which it won’t be), I see no reason why Germany can’t get an Argentina F-16. Every other nation already has the F-16, I see no reason why Germany could not receive it.

1 Like

That’s the same screenshot.

Doesnt say anywhere that Germany is an offiical sub-TT of Germany like Hungary is for Italy, South Africa is for Britain, Finland is for Sweden or Benelux is for France.

If you can link the dev-post saying that Argentina has been added to Germany, then great

2 Likes

yes just so he could read it closely “germany is currently home of the argentine vehicles we have ingame”

1 Like

Britain doesnt. We had to slog through an entire year of F3 vs Mig-29 despite New Zealand F-16s being right there. I dont see why Germany should get speacial treatment just because they are going to have a slightly weaker aircraft than everyone else.

2 Likes

Exactly. its the “current home” not the permanent and future home. and its just stating that the what? 3 Argentine vehicles added are in the German Tree

1 Like

Cause it’s a little more than “slightly weaker”. I’m not saying its terrible- but it has no chance in top tier fighting against things with better FMs and Ordnance and Radars etc.

1 Like

1 Like

Still doesnt say Germany will get access to any and all Argentine vehicles.

It does for now, until there is another place they can go that’s better. Which we don’t have.