For someone getting into Italian Ground, what advice do you have?

People get obsessed over pen numbers, an Object 120 has 450mm pen or whatever, so what, even at half that it would lolpen practically anything anyways, and the moment anything has armor, Gaijin increases the BR to where the majority of vehicle can kill it frontally.

If it hits you, it pens, the same thing for the 6614, doesn’t matter if it’s BR 7 or BR 5, it performs practically the same, don’t get hit by it, and in return you one shot it. Having a 7 degree turret rotation speed, a 13 second reload, 8mm of armor and no tracks means anytime you don’t instantly kill something you’re dead, any American tank will kill you with 2 bullets of their magically controlled .50s.

Correct. At 6.7 it lolpens vehicles that rely on armour to be viable, after all, like the Jagdtiger.

Moreover like many light vehicles it has a questionable damage model.

Post isn’t about the object 120 anyway

Not the point, it’s used as an example.

One example of what though

That pen numbers aren’t the one thing that matters, practically everything pens everything in game.

I find the 120 to be at the correct BR currently, so wht are you getting at

Continue to open and spade vehicles. I have most spaded for Italy (only Freccia and AMV are in progress).
Some vehicles can be better some worse, but for me the worst is M113A1 (TOW) - atgm carrier with an exposed gunner, can’t shoot at speed higher than 5 km/h. This one was quite hard for me to spade, though it used to be a top of the line with increased research costs of mods. Other hard vehicles to spade are both SIDAM-25s as a stock belt can barrely kill anything on the ground, the same problem is with OTOMATIC.
IMO light vehicles line is the most interesting and I always recommend to focus on it. For example Breda 501 is just awesome, Gaijin increases its br but it still remains a wonderful deadly bus. Also as many line-ups rely on light tanks with an active scouting ability I recommend to research planes and in the future helicopters and always place 1 or 2 aircraft in line up.
If you want to listen to stories about Italian WW2 vehicles, visit suggestion section (including the old forum):

PS if you aren’t there yet there is a discord of Italian suggestion makers:

Rank 4 is dead, if you have universal backups, prepare them for that.

Besides that, 8.0 is amazing, as is 9.0, & 9.3.
11.7 is mid, but we’ll see what happens.

Sidam 25 has IR tracking which is why it’s 8.X.
As for the rest, they’re light tanks. They were under-BR’d and likely still are, as all light tanks are.

2 Likes

IR tracking which functions like a radar but you still don’t get a radar, that doesn’t sound like it’s equal to having a radar.

Doesn’t warn the person you’re locked onto, which is why it’s a higher BR.
S players only shoot once there’s high chance of hit, which leads to its current BR.
No warning to the pilots, just sudden death cause something was locked to them via optics rather than yelling.

How many planes even have this feature at 8.0?

RWR? A-4s at the least for 8.7.
Good, I didn’t say 8.0, cause I forgot S’s BR and spelling.
I am researching it finally tho.

A-4s just drop Walleyes from space, hardly going to matter if it knows I lock on or not, plus locking on is just a nightmare with how bad radars are, I’d still rather have a radar to know where planes are at than IR tracking.

Thank you for the very elaborate and informative reply. I don’t have much more to say, just wanted to express my gratitude.

Wym dead? As in theres no lineups I assume?

1 Like

Pretty much. 6.3 is still the best “lineup”, but it’s 1 tank now.

My advice is that you either learn to fly or give up playing on the ground. I’ve worked my Italians up to where I have two 9.0 vehicles, and need to unlock at least 3 more rank VI ground vehicles before I can start researching rank VII. I lost interest in them while trying to spade my 6.3 vehicles.

I play air trees when I play ground trees. I won’t play a ground nation without grinding their air.