Flakpanzer vs Ostwind II, Panther II E-100 etc

Wasn’t prepared for that question.
The photo of the document is gone from my computer…
I just know it exists cause I did have it at some point.

So from me at least… word of mouth unless I find it again.

That and even the turret had to be modified to fit the 88 mm. Modifications which aren’t present in the game.

I still would prefer if these vehicles were available every now and then though. It’s understandable with other exclusive vehicles because, well, Gaijin tells you they are exclusive from the get go, but the Panther II, Tiger 105 mm and Coelian were only “exclusive” when we learned they were being removed, and a lot of people (like me) simply did not have the time to grind towards them.

1 Like

I’m fine with them being gone from the standard research tree, but I do think that every anniversary they should be available again like the Maus.

If you’re a Saudi oil prince that might be a valid option, but the rates for vehicles are abysmal, and your odds are basically zero.

How is the effort wasted? You can still play the vehicle. The reward isn’t the exclusivity… Time is time, time is money, someone who pays for an event vehicle has invested their time into obtaining it. The only difference is that some people played the event and others didn’t. That’s the whole point of the market system.

2 Likes

German HVAP gets nerfed into the ground constantly, Kugel still doesn’t get a full HVAP belt at 7.0, and gets 66% complete garbage, the 20mm dropped from 60+mm down to 48mm or something as well which is now lower than Russian 14.5mm pen.

But the Coelian is by far the best SPAA Germany has available.

1 Like

Why not put the Panther II like that than as an Event Vehicle into the Game?

Slightly more armoured Panther F sounds good enough for me and it had its hull completed as you said. Real enough. The more Panthers the better.

I prefer Kugel by far over the 37s.
Which is why I don’t run SPAA between 3.3 and 7.0 for my German lineups, I run a fighter instead.

In the answers to the devs question, the Kawasaki T-1, P-2J, and T-4 were mentioned, but the answer never addressed those vehicles specifically. I’d guess the T-1, P-2J, and T-4, with the P-3 Orion coming after all of those because the P-3 gets AGM-65s.

Kugel at 7.0 is nonsense though, and the average player cannot even use it without uptiering their lineup to 7.0 to have a Kugel in it, even worse with the Wiesel at 7.3 and zero lineup options.

If Thailand comes, Alpha Jet causing the delisting of R2Y2s is a real possibility.

True, and the Thai H-75N that has popped in and out of the files for years did get UHQ textures a while back which supports your hypothesis.

Yeah, that’s honestly a fine trade.

1 Like

I’m not exactly against it, I just don’t see a big need for it since it adds pretty little. It’s 20mm extra on the hull and sides, which is enough to block some things the Panther’s base hull couldn’t, but not many. The 122 still goes through, the 100 and 17 pounder sabot can go through the machine gun port or even the entire thing if you’re above it. HEAT obviously chews through it. And the turret is as weak as the standard one, so you’re still vulnerable to the exact same tanks you are in the F.

Does Thailand even use japanese Vehicles? On Wikipedia i see none but only Chinese/US/UK and even Ukrainian Vehicles. Like Chinas VT4 MBT, VN1 IFV and Ukrainian T84 MBT and some older US-Stuff but from Japan only Cars.

Yes, Japan exports to Thailand.
Mostly logistics vehicles, but they export what Japan’s constitution allows Japan to export.
They’re not limited by Thailand, they’re limited by the US-influenced constitution.
That and the alternative is South Korea, which has less vehicles to offer Japan.

Yea Japan is kinda…limited in the options. Korea i would defnitely put as its own Tree of DPRK+RoK.

For Japan i guess Thailand would do make the most sense, could be interesting to have Japans Type 10/TKX together with Chinas VT4 and Ukraines T84 lol

1 Like

The last I’ve found of it is the book Gepard: The History of German Anti-Aircraft Tanks mentioning a shipping manifest for it alongside the prototype of the Zerstörer 45 which is a Wirbelwind but with 4 30 mm cannons which would be great to see (assuming it was built and the shipping manifest, if real, implies that both were).

1 Like

The thing about the Coelian is that really it shouldn’t have been removed and replaced with an even less real vehicle.

From what I can tell the Tiger II 10.5 is a combination of the actual 10.5 and a version with the rangefinding balls. Therefore I propose Gaijin remove the balls and add them to the normal Tiger II (late) and the Sla.16 version.

The Panther II is really just 3 or 4 versions rolled into one
The 88mm armed turret
The Panther II hull
And the NVD’s.

From this I propose splitting it into 3 tanks
A normal panther F hull with the 88 turret
The real Panther II
And adding the NVD’s to the Panther A and G.

E-100 would be more interesting with an actual turret.

1 Like

But given that most Nations now have access to a lot of EQ from other Nations through Subtrees, Placeholders etc. and its all just mashed together where the Matches aren’t historical / realistic either i think they could just allow you to field Vehicles from all Nations in your Line Up (maybe for Arcade only)

Or start combining Trees like China+Japan+Korea maybe, a Europe Tree, USSR maybe together with Yugoslavia and USA with Canada/Australia and so

Here’s the thing:

1. The Ostwind II prototype almost certainly existed based on the fact that a shipping manifest exists for it.
  2. There is no actual Tiger II 105. No Tiger II ever had a rangefinder and it was physically impossible to fit the 105 mm gun into the Tiger II’s turret. It was just a drawing.
  3. No Panther was ever even proposed with an 88 mm gun. Never even a drawing of it. It is negative amounts of real.
2 Likes