Fix the Horten

Ok, GL with that rudder and accel lol

Don’t need much rudder when you’re stalling out because I can maintain 500 KMH IAS turns.

lol? you are not out turning most props considering the lack of rudder and the lower stall speed and lower t/w

1 Like

Looks like you’ve never seen how well the Horten keeps speed in turns that are not 13G. I cook you for a couple of seconds with energy retention and then it doesn’t matter how high your thrust to weight is, you’re falling out of the air with no control.
Edit: here, take this 8 kill replay against props. Props didn’t exactly have an easy time killing me. replay link

1 Like

I didn’t see this sorry for the late replay. i can’t view the replay unfortunately since i am on my phone but will watch it later on the pc

Dude the Horton can practically turn on its own axel and already terrorizes the props it does face. A crappy rudder isn’t gonna stop you from turning in and having a firing position

I believe i already know that since i faced props in a 229 and if they don’t have speed or altitude advantage they are simply dead

1 Like

for the record the 229 is good around it’s Br and i enjoy flying it, the reason i created these posts about the 229 is just to fix and discuss bugs and some inaccuracies around the 229 (Ho 229 missing components and other misconceptions) unfortunately not much i can do about them the rest is left for the dev team and their opinions about the plane, not to mention i got a nuke with that thing https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/s/lETgYyoOfv

2 Likes

Yeah it will lol. You clearly do not have experience flying the Horton. It can’t dogfight props.

lol no, you can definitely bnz them forever and they cant catch you but you are a large target that is easy to shoot if you overshoot and extremely fragile, combined with the fact since you have no rudder and poor energy retention with poor thrust you will lose the long term dogfight pretty easily.

You’re just overrating it man. It does not win these.

Specifically speaking, yeah, its intended purpose of creation was to be a “stealth” Bomber, but it was never fitted with bombs, or guns to that matter. If you want to know more about it, it’s in the Smithsonian Museum Archives, the Horten 229 V3 flying wing.

The 229 was never “stealth” its just the designers being obsessed with tailless designs

1 Like

The horten is probably the worst jet ingame for being an actual fighter its physically incapable of winning a fight against anyone who isnt braindead you can literally just turn left or right and then dive slightly and watch the 229 struggle to roll over and attempt to follow the same goes for pulling a vertical

That’s why I used ”stealth” it did have ”stealth” properties because of its wood design, and charcoal mixture for glue, it only had the radar cross section of a P-51 mustang.

Just because its tail-less like a B-2 spirit, doesn’t mean it’s stealth, what do you think I am, a 4 year old?

Nope, stealth was never thought of once. It was just a bomber made of wood because they didn’t have the materials and/or it would have been better suited for the plane’s use regarding flight

1 Like

Bro just looked at the replay and went “nuh uh” LMAO

1 Like

Yes, I know, but it still had a much smaller radar cross section than its wingspan, from its size to the size of a P-51 mustang, which is much much smaller. Hence why stealth was in quotations.

I didn’t watch the replay. Anybody who’s informed on how this works knows individual performance and especially individual games do not matter. We’re comparing the planes and not the pilots.

1 Like

yeah… cause it’s made of wood.The aircraft was LITERALLY NEVER thought of as a “stealth aircraft” until coincidentally in the 1960s when one of the Horton brothers wanted a job for a USA contractor and basically greatly exaggerated his ideas with the ho229 to make his resume look good.