Fed up with bad map rotation

Guijin please can you hold on your new copy and paste ground vehicles and sort out the bad map rotation or lack of it, also enough of the single cap games that just plays into CAS players as the game should be decided by good gameplay by GROUND vehicles

18 Likes

A while ago i noted every map i got in ground in an excel sheet. I will post the results tomorow.
But i can already tell you the map rotation ist not ‘random’ or somehwat ‘evenly spread’

8 Likes

This is just anecdotal evidence, it doesn’t show any fault with the map rotation, just more your bad luck.

Also to note, you’d want to be sure you aren’t just bailing from matches to requeue and ending up with that same map. You’ve got to try playing the map and even I’d let it be that you queue every 30 minutes on the dot even to see how that would effect it.

Anecdotally, it seems that there tend to be overall patterns to what maps get rolled on specific days and hours.

Today, it seems hellbent on giving me a bunch of urban cqc or single-cap maps. I am really not a fan of these.

A few days ago I had consistent rotation of sinai, campania (it’s urban CQC, but it’s a wide map rather than a tunnel map so it helps somewhat), 38th, frozen pass and hurtgen. I liked when it did this.

Would be nice if I could predict what map type it seems obsessed with.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

the single cap maps are the worst. It’s like a team death match from cod.

2 Likes

It’s only anecdotal if he forms a narrative based on the data, otherwise it’s not an anecdote.

1 Like

They’re already forming the narrative from the prejudice in the first place.

Ive noticed whenever i quit the game and restart to avoid a shitty map theres an almost guaranteed chance ill get the same map again if i load into another match within 2m, i once had sun city show up 7 times in a row in the span of 3-4 minutes

5 Likes

Yes, this is because the server is stuck with playing this map, until the initial match on it has finished.
To avoid this, you have to wait until you get the notification that the battle is over, until you jump into the next battle.
I do this, but for another reason too: your research points wont be lost if you fully research a modification in the matcht that ended early.

1 Like

So, this was made in February this year.
I played 250 matches. All these maps are available at the BR I played. And i always waited until the match has ended, before i clicked “To Battle” again.
Also no map was banned (normaly i have Sweden or Seversk banned)

As you see, one third of all the maps i have gotten, were just Breslau, Flanders, Ardennes, Maginot, and Seversk. 5 maps, out of 42.
This is not at all evenly spread, and not random at all.
If you need a translation for a map into english feel free to ask.

7 Likes

I tend not to play Conquest matches. They suck. Some worse than others.

Yea, they do sometimes, but I just make a dash to the point to try cap them first, hoping that the rest of the team will move up as fast to secure it more.

I used to like the old battle map where there were 3 points in a row for each side to cap, and the ones they were capping could be defended by the team.

It used to be hard but if you capped your 3 asap, you could ignore the progress the other team made, but it was hard because if someone diverts the push to the defense in the middle of the quick rush cap, you’d end up falling behind the other.

Such a crazy gamemode that was.

1 Like

Explain how the MM being stuck on repeat like a scratched record/glitching MP3 (for you darn kids) is somehow the OP’s “skill issue”?

Unless you are referring to Gaijin’s devs not being able to code themselves out of their wet spaghetti bag?

4 Likes

Because random, isn’t as random as it could be.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a correct hypothosis since each game is its own instance of the game server on the AWS hardware allocation. So it can run any number or different map/scenarios.
Its clearly a bug in the MM code where its not incrementing thru the available maps properly.
Waiting for a game to end, I think is just cooincidence with how long it takes for the MM to finally get to the “pick a map” function, as I’ve had quick ending games that keep hitting the same map multiple times.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/computerscience/comments/vj24lv/what_does_it_mean_that_random_numbers_arent_truly/

(Edit - Whoever flagged this, is ignorant to the points raised in that thread… I say this from a genuine programmer standpoint)

1 Like

Well i don’t really know what is the real reason why it does this, but you are right, it should not do this.
The beeing stuck on a map, together with the not at all randomness are where you can detect that the match maker is seriously broken.

1 Like

Certain maps have a insane high numbers of variants creating a spam of these maps, i reported this issue long time ago but try to improve anything about maps in this game is imposible.
For example Ardennes count with 12 variants, Trash-13 with 10 or Maginot with 14 meanwhile maps like Mozdok only with 1…
Now add the recent limitation for BRs (something was rejected in the past but Gaijin keep trying destroying his game over and over again) and the map rotation is completely destroyed since years ago and you have the actual and horrible same map rotation.
During the Object 292 event i do something similar but with my fav and disliked maps and the results was my 4 liked maps apeared less than 20 times meanwhile my dislked appeared more than 130 times.
Right now this game is a crewlock simulator.

2 Likes

6 of the same maps in a row is very normal. Gajian dont care.

2 Likes