F-4S Phantom II should get AIM-9L

That still matters, and still makes a difference (I myself how found myself in scenarios where the agile eagle saved my butt cause I could just barely pull in to get the first shot right before the enemy). They are not identical. The F-4J is slightly worse because of this, and regardless of how worse, it’s still a matter of fact that it is indeed worse.

1 Like

If youre about F-4 - kinda wrong that’s not decent RWR, when most of your battles - against planes with PD radars, you just cant see them

And CM amount - just fine, not a lot, but not 0.

F-4 still a brick, any dogfight - mistake.

But mostly yes, not really need, if it will change br.

As i know - F-4S a bit slower because of them

Even so, that marginal difference is a amazing trade off, as the situations the agile eagle is advantageous for is far more numerous than the situations where a slightly higher top speed would help (unless your racing teammates to base bomb, but if you’re a base bomber, well than lmfao have fun ig)

2 Likes

Which go anywhere else, but not in locked target.

No resistance to flares and 18g… Meanwhile r-60 with 30 g at 11.0 and really ignoring flares.

No damage, no accuracy. Just takes a pylon.

No speed, no turn just brick

1 Like

Yes.
Did they implement auto mode for them?
Or it is same as F-14 auto flaps?

actually, the F-4J doesnt have agile eagle slats, but F-4S does, leading to the F-4S turning better

1 Like

F-5E FCU also has 4 all-aspect IR-missiles

1 Like

Uh, difference not a lot
It pretty near to 1 deg/s in sustained turm rate, maybe 1.2
At speeds, where its really matter.

But lol, it’s still level of MiG-21 and Su-7(or lighting, if that easier)

^, although it still is helpful and looks cool.

1 Like

still been 4 withe the best range, anc CW seeker (mirage F1 with Pulse seeker, mig23 with half of range and amount, both of them in 11.3)

2.5 ° fov and internally less sentive vs 5.0° (did u even flare??) , double of range

750 rounds vs 200(mig23/mig21/j8), 80/160(su22/17), 180/360(TRF/TRG), 60(j7), 135/270(mirageF1), 150(j37) all of them with same or even worse ballistics (really? A laser beam with high penetration is what was missing)

better than the F-4j at same br, better turn than TRF/TRG, british phantom, su17/22, better acel than MIG23/21, mirage j7.

Did u really want to play or just bully all the other people’s plane??

1 Like

I just want 9L on 11.3 fighter

that does not need

Main trouble in damage, it cant kill in few hits, like a GSH-23
And ballistics - not really matter, if you know how to shoot - everything will be fine.

Not better than Tornados, they are not bad in sustained.
Su-17 way better.

I preflared it… But Soviet bias missile doesn’t give a F.

Still 20 mm no accuracy, no damage, not built in

Yadda-yadda, just another “skill issue” player, whining on one of the strongest SARH (on the one of most comfortable carrier) on that BR.

Just learn how use them.

Well noone said that 9J/H must have IRCCM, but it still can go through flares occasionally.
18G - the price for superior effective range as IR AAM.

Yeah, 30G, which be used for being flared 0.000001m from enemy engine.
Only F-14A/B really can be shot down by R-60(M) through flares if fly on WEP/110%.

If you been shot down by R-60(M), while having flares - its only your fault.

Reasonable damage and accuracy.
Spray make it easier to shot maneuvering targets, while huge ammo rack give you opportunity to shot long bursts/pound ground.

If you talk about Agile Eagles…
Its really a question - are you fly on those planes at all?

Because F-4E/S is a monsters in a stallfight, which can outmanoeuver almost all enemies after 1-2 circles.

And can easily kill from distance all, whom they can’t beat in ratefight (23ML(D), Su-17/22, Mirages, Drakens, Viggens, F-5E, etc.).

If u cannot survive/dodge radiusfighters - skill issue, your problem.

Its fast enough. If you try run/chase/dogfight with full pylons of bombs/rockets, well - its not a plane issue.
I personally, run on F-4S, from F-14A and FGR, and yes, they slowly chasing me, but still - i been fast enough for been out of their gun range, before i get to safety of my airfield. From middle of big Vietnam.
Even more - some way, i start getting off from F-14 (but Bri’ish Fanthom still be faster).

1 Like

I believe they have a part that’s auto, but the rest of the agile leading edge extension just deploys when you enable combat flaps only.

Because the Aim 9L is flat out better than the R-60M in basically every aspect except for g-load (which are equal). The only all-aspect missiles that would be balanced for US to have and be pretty much equal to the R-60M which are the Aim 9P-4 (Currently only the Japanese F5E FCU has).

Also add in to the fact F4S has HMD, more radar missiles, and a PD radar. As @Nowel mentioned, the F4EJ Kai sits at 11.7br without HMD, and does not have the leading edge slats that the F4S gets as well.

The only planes that the F4S faces with all-aspect IRCCM missiles are the Mig 21 Bison, Mirage f1C, Mirage 2000 C4 and C5, Harriers, F-15A and J, and the French F-16A, which all of them are undertiered and should move up in BR due to having access to IRCCM missiles with the exception of the Mig 21 Bison, Mirage F1C and an argument can be made for the mirage 2000 C variants to stay at 11.7br. The Su-27 and Mig 29 SMT and G are 12.7br and are impossible for the F4S to face

3 Likes

the Phantom’s RWR is a lot better than any MiG’s at that BR

2 Likes

you shot youe flares either too early or yoj let the enemy get within 1.5km of you, at that distance you can’t even flare early missiles like SRAAM anymore