F-4S Phantom II should get AIM-9L

I think F4S should get AIM-9L, back in the days F4S didn’t get it because gaijin think it has good radar and try “balance” it. Now days it has to facing plane like F-16, F-15, Mig-29, Su-27, etc that has all aspect IRCCM missiles, it is very hard to counter them. And I know that F4S in real life used AIM-9L.

6 Likes

And not even mention F4S got facing plane like AV-8B+ that have AIM-120.

2 Likes

If you can prove it, then I’d be on board. Also if you can prove it I’d recommend making a big report too. :)

5 Likes

Or just make a new F-4E Phantom II with AIM-120s and AIM-9Ms for USA?

F-4F ICE moment :(

4 Likes

If your okay with the F-4S being 12.0 minimum then sure

6 Likes

It’ll probably end up being 11.7 at the same BR as the EJ Kai

3 Likes

It has an HMD, and would thus be far superior.

Oh you’re right, I totally forgot about that. Gonna be at the same BR as F-16A and Mig 29 fun 🤩

4 Likes

Eh it would still be better than nothing

Play the F-14B, it’s only 0.3 higher than an AIM-9L F-4S would be.

1 Like

I say nuh uh. It’s an early type F4S, ridiculously strong radar and missiles too becuz of the MP change. ( Though it may struggle but isn’t unusable and far from useless in an uptier)
Abuse the radar or bomb with it like most F4S bots do lol.

1 Like

Now compare the F-4S to something like the FG.1/FGR.2, which face it on a regular basis.

8 Likes

Actually, there is an acknowledged bug report Community Bug Reporting System about the AIM-9L for the Phantom. There is also a document named “Aviation Ordnanceman” Google Books from 1985, which states:
AIM_9L

2 Likes

there was no US phantom with AMRAAMs

we are aware

however, why do you so desperately want the phantom’s BR to increase?

having put a number of battles through the F4F-ICE now I don’t see why anyone would want even a 0.3 increase to the 11.3 Phantoms

1 Like

In my opinion, could add F-4S (1984) to regular tech tree and armed AIM-9L

But F-4S from premium tree not get AIM-9L

2 Likes

If you want to see 11.7BR F-4S, yes

1 Like

How F-4S face against Su-27 which is 12.7BR atm???

Give us a TT F-4S (late) instead, with those and the Aim-7Ms instead. The F-4J is already a worse F-4S, and giving players the option to have a TT one is quite nice, along with the fact most players wouldn’t love to have a 11.7 F-4 that sees spamraams even more.

4 Likes