F4J (UK) Quality of life change

I will start off clear, I do not think the F4J (UK) is a fair comparison compared to F4S or F4J It is inferior in almost everyway, Worse armaments and armament presets, Less radar missiles even though in real life they can carry 6, Slightly worse radar and worse RWR, Worst air performance compared to agile eagles, No HMD, Worse Radar Missiles and a lack of CAS options compared to real life.
And on top of not being comparable to F4S In this flying brick you are somehow able to ‘‘fairly’’ Face Aimraams now from the av-8s and harrier and the fastest radar missiles (R27ers) and even superior aircraft in everyway such as the F16A and F15A.
There is many posts about this too and in the recent br decompression I thought they might sort it out but no they made it even worse.
It gets the widely known nickname ‘‘F4 Junk’’ for a reason!
That is all for now and feel free to comment below!
Thanks for reading ^^

3 Likes

They should atleast make it .3 br lower

However, I can still consistently average 2 kills per match about 78% of the time. And it’s not that bad, theres worse.

1 Like

Your previous stat record says otherwise comrade :)

I completely agree I also hope for the simple change of getting 6 skyflashes instead of 4 considering in real life the J and FGR 2 variants could carry 6 skyflashes and 4 ir on top of that.

1 Like

Id rather all of the british phantoms recieve the Aim-9L they should have and stay at 11.3/11.7 the skyflash is a horrible SARH and having more of them wouldn’t help

3 Likes

Yeah but unfortunately that would be abit ahistorical for Gaijin to implement it as only the late british phantoms used them such as the F4M or K variants

There’s obviously still games where I get shit on by an F-14, but that’s to be expected, also not accounting for my first few games where I focused solely on bombing

All of the british phantoms can use the 9L gaijin never made the distinction of FGR.2 Early either also the F-4J for the UK cant use 6x skyflash the missiles were never wired for outer pylon useage it could carry 6x AIM-7E but not 6x Skyflash

2 Likes

Oh yeah I see strange the M and K could but the J couldn’t only 6 aim 7es

Im not even sure if the M and K could carry 6x either the RAF and FAA never had a specification that required the Procured pahntoms to carry more than 4 skyflashes ive never even seen a picture of them carrying wing pylon skyflash
gi3dgo0db1561
8o649uvcb1561
Yeah nothing mentions 6 slyflash for the F-4M and K

I’m struggling to find reasonable proof but some sources say the late F4K and Ms in 80s and 90s before retirement could carry aim 9ls and sparrows or skyflashes on the outer pylon but I can’t find a manual or photo of it so I can’t prove it

Thats not possible the double pylon can only carry sidewinders and bombs theres no wiring for a third missile

That what i thought but Wikipedia and old abandoned forums mention the capability in the 80s but as I said I can’t find a single image of this capability and I would be a fool to trust Wiki xD

And it also doesn’t help that all the manuals concerning this are outdated and before the RN transfer of these to RAF in the late 70s and early 80s

Luckily the F-4J (UK) is going to 12.0. Enjoy.

1 Like

Unluckily you can’t read the topic which i already said about the change lmao

Cool story. Enjoy it being a 12.0 in the new BRs.

1 Like

Indeed. Clearly the F-4J (UK) performs exactly as well as the F-4S!