F16J AIM-7F has issue

“Guidance time” the missile will only guide for so long before they detonate. You can launch at 40kms, but if it runs out of guidance time before it hits it will just self destruct.

The guidance time is 75 seconds which is plenty.

Cool, then it probably ran out of energy and started to fall, thus self destructing

Aim-7F is going Mach 4, while mirage was going probably Mach 1.5, there was literally couple of seconds until it reached it on head on

1 Like

I very much doubt that’s what happened
SARH missiles have gotten perpetually worse since the last big update
To the point that they’re about as reliable as R-60s thrown at Gripens

Dozens and I mean DOZENS of headon launches where it just turns away or goes dumb without chaff notching or even manuevering
R-24Rs and AIM-7s doing snap turns to go for chaff that’s been in the air for 5s like an IR going for flares which isn’t how chaff works at all

SARH are fucked
Don’t make excuses

1 Like

Screenshot_2024-01-07-18-15-07-258_com.android.chrome-edit

They are rather messed up yes, Ive had R24R’s pitbull for planes I wasnt locked onto, I was pointing his situation out as something else happening

Cool

20km launch isn’t 75s of flight time
That’s the whole point
It wasn’t autodestructing because it reached the end of its lifespan

1 Like

It doesn’t take 75 seconds to hit a 20km shot. More like 20 at max. I’ve hit shots from 30km in the F-4J so guidance time isn’t the issue.

Aim-7Fs are less reliable than R530Ds. Question is why Gaijin broke them and why they haven’t fixed them yet. Is this russian bias so R-27ER can perform - or massive incompetence?

I believe it’s the latter since Aim7F tracked FAR better back when F-4J was new.

2 Likes

Guidance time is 75 seconds. This event lasted 20 seconds maximum. But after looking at the replay i think the mirage launched a 530D and destroyed my Sparrow with it.

Dude an AIM-7F is more than capable of hitting a 20km shot. What are you even trying to say here? That the AIM-7F cant hit a 700m/s closure rate 20km shot. Nonsense.

Still having this issue significantly. A very small portion of them actually work for me. I also with solid lock am getting them exploding off the rail. I don’t think it’s SAHR, but I have controversial opinions on why the AIM-7 isn’t working…

1 Like

Just took my lunch break and 3 seperate rounds. I tested firing them at height so guidance and burn time were not an issue. The missiles just do whatever they want. I’ve tried in PD and SRC. In SRC it seems more reliable when you don’t loose lock from radar being chaffed/flared out. PD mode is completely inconsistent. I’ll fire off, watch the missile burn and then when it goes into guidance mode it just flies off random directions most of the time. Sometimes it looks like it’s headed for an intercept but it never reaches the target. These are all at ranges of 20km or less, mostly in the 9-14km range as that was the sweet spot before.

1 Like

Nah my R-24Rs are doing similar things
And I watch my friend’s 27R/ERs doing it too, though not as much

Whatever they’ve done to SARH missiles this update is baffling

Meanwhile I still can’t notch and try to chaff R-24/27s lol. Even at ground level they are insanely accurate. I had an R-24 follow me through a skyscraper the other day. I guess the game just didn’t pick up that a static object was present 😂

1 Like

Oh yeah when they work they outstrip the usefulness of western missiles for whatever )))) reason
I was just saying that I’ve caught them doing the same funky ass things that my Sparrows have been doing at like an 80% rate

1 Like

I’ve not seen any official recognition of the issue. I looked and there was mention of it in bugs, so I didn’t create a new one. I’ll need to turn my Nvidia recording back on to show what’s going on if it’s not addressed.

1 Like

I don’t see them acknowledging most things publicly unless its on the bug report site

1 Like

F16J AIM7F sparrow have issue I had posted this to the tech issue but no response.