F16AM can carry Magic 2 missiles

You know what else was never used? The gun pod on F-4J.

1 Like

I’ve heard of legitimate complaints from other nations’ mains, but I’m no expert in them. F-4EJ and F-1 should get AIM-9Ls, AH-64Ds should get Longbows. German upcoming phantom should probably have AIM-9Li/AIM-9M…

It’s not the AM that carried it.

It’s FA-110, an F-16 Block 15AA OCU. It was only upgraded to the F-16A Block 20 MLU in 1997, 9 years after these tests. But I might be misinterpreting what Gaijin means with 'F-16AM block 15, because the AM in the dev server is a block 15 version, not a block 20…

SABCA had this plane for a couple years to test the AS-30L and Magic II missiles for the Belgian air force, before the MLU project was started by the USAF and EPAF(European Participating Forces: BE, NL, DK, NO).

Some extra pictures:

ala
Matra R.550 Magic II.

aqi
AS-30L over Vlieland, Netherlands.

Personally I want to see these options in-game, as the only other nation in the world that tried this configuration is Pakistan, which bought these modification blueprints from SABCA, a Belgian company. This would also make the Belgian F-16 more unique.

2 Likes

2 Likes

One of the 2 f-16 we are getting should be this variant since it is more unique and fits better in the TT in my opinion.

1 Like

can we give magic 2 to mig-23ml?
8zhidp6om5l71

3 Likes

If you want to ask for that, make your own suggestion thread instead of hijacking this one.

2 Likes

That’s simply not true, gaijin could add AAM-3 for EJ kai and be done with it. AJ is just lazy way to make japan in the meta

1 Like

Gimme the XL Mitz F-2 🤤

I would grind the Jap air tree just for the Mitz F-2 with that camo.

2 Likes

The EJ kai getting AAM3s would change absolutely nothing as we got them with the F-15, even assuming they’d come with American IRCCM missiles that would force the phantom to the top BR, which would make it very bad

Also this wouldn’t really solve the issue of Japan not having a top tier fighter as the F15J came shortly after that patch

AAM-3s would hardly force the EJ Kai to top BR… You have to remember, it’s still a hardbody phantom using sparrows as radar missiles lmao

okay? and you have to remember the AAM3 is the best IR missile in the game, the phantom has an F16 radar and the best sparrows in game. It’s not a bad plane but it would be bad at 12.3, the br it would most likely go to

12.0 max, given Gaijin has an F-16A airframe with six 9Ms at 12.0 loaded in for this next update…

And considering that, yeah, it has an F-16 radar.
Once again. On a crappy hardbody Phantom airframe. How do you propose to use the best IR missiles in the game if getting close to enemies in general risks having to evade with a boat?

And lol. Sparrows. In this current groundhugging meta…

Groundhogging meta might change, multipathing will be reduced to 50m instead of 100m, so dodging multiple radar missiles at a time will be even harder by groundhogging instead of chaff + notching (but if teams will be smaller that shouldn’t be that big of an issue hopefully).

It’s in the French tech tree, it should receive Magic 2’s. The Devs even asked for any evidence that the F-16AM Bloc 15 used Magics. Even if it wasn’t put into service it had the ability to use them.

It otherwise brings what to the French tree, the fact that it’s just an F-16? That’s not good enough of a reason to use it in my opinion.

I don’t know what the point of this is. I already stated that…

The devs asked for proof, the proof is in this thread. There’s a picture of a F-16 Bloc 15 with Magics. The Magics are also supposed to be compatible with AIM-9 launchers.

You need to read before making statements.

F-16 in that picture is different model, called (OCU40). Smin clearly stated that current tech tree version is a Standart Block-15 model and without concrete evidence it will not recieve Magic-2 missiles.

Still doesn’t change that Magic missiles are compatible with AIM-9 launchers.

Even if they want to stay absolutely strict where THIS model needs to be proven to have it mounted. Are they that stubborn they can’t make it a more modern version?

Then go on and make a bug report. I’d like to see the answer for that, but dont forget this means all planes that has Sidewinders will also get Magic-2 missiles.