F16 destroyed 11.0+

You rarely get to dogfight in ARB at these tiers, its mostly about headons and general missile fights
sure, f16a will win in a close dogfight but at a distance in a normal match its usually at a disadvantage

1 Like

Hmm you have a point in regards to ranged capability. Additionally, you have limited flares compared to other F-16s.

What fuel are you in when playing? Are you one of the first to make contact with the other team in the F-16A during average matches?

I see you understand the F-16A is limited on range attacks.
I know it may sound backwards but the regular A is now the support fighter of the F-15 and F-16C. You do not have the weaponry and CM survivability to operate independently.’

So, what I am trying to say is you got to play really opportunistic almost dirty. Lag into battle, ambush and hit and run tactics, assist in 2v1 etc.

Do not get wrapped up in a dogfight trying to kill one dude, if you cannot kill the dude in the first couple passes move on to the next or reset energy comeback when they are distracted by another team members and out of energy etc.

Play it like you’re a Wiley Coyote with zero honor. lol Only out for easy kills.

Again, I am not preaching like you do not know what you are doing, just trying to help your situation. You are 100% correct, you are the little guy at TT, with the dinky Aim9Ls, and very little CM. No HMS. But you are very fast, and your platform has the best high speed sustained turn rate if you do not pull too hard. Your particular F-16 the block 10 is the lightest and has the ability to pull the most alpha when you need to out of the Falcon series.

I would fly with no more than 20min fuel and a drop tank. In case you get jumped early in match you can drop the tank and have the best performance you can have at beginning of a match. instead of getting caught slipping at 30min internal.
Best dogfight performance and enough fuel to make it back to base is around 15-13min.

GL.

1 Like

He’s not going to read any of that and still get slapped by R-24Rs guided in MTI because he can’t think about not head on-ing his enemy.

1 Like

“Most expensive.”
Not really, it’s going to be the longest running program from the start.
The jet is still cheaper than F-15s, and the F-15 program itself costs more than the F-35 program annually.

@WalletWarrior69
Grab a Mig-23 then and 1v1 any of us; you won’t cause you either don’t own it and are talking nonsense, or you know you’re talking nonsense.
F-16ADF is “worse” than the F-16A, and sparrows are arguably worse than the 9Ls.

1 Like

:(

Well, we did our duty. we here to help him.

I did play the A. It’s called the Netz lmao
Carrying sparrows is mostly useless anyway, just dodge and weave until u get close then rek everyone and everything, that’s the strat.

1 Like

The bloody F-104S sits at 11.0 with the ASA at 11.3 and it gets demolished by the F-16
I only ever am able to take them down with a Starfighter if the do headons which at that BR rarely happens

The Starfighters are an awkward airframe and don’t really belong anywhere due to their performance and weapon loadouts.

2 Likes

netz has python 3’s bruh
you didnt play f16a.

1 Like

its not the f16 fault that f104 is placed too high

1 Like

@WalletWarrior69

How’s your gameplay any update?

The current AIM-9L is unable to pose a threat to the MIG-23; its countermeasures are too effective, and its engine behaves unusually cold. Even when launching the AIM-9L at 500m, the MIG-23 can still deploy flares without needing to shut off the afterburner. The most effective way for an F-16 to down a MIG-23 is through dogfighting, which is the least favorable option in RB.

2 Likes

not really, I dont have 9L’s yet so my f16 is crippled and my team usually spreads and I have no chance of 3rd partying anyone, its also hard to find targets and sit close to ground to not get hit by a r24r and even then I’m not safe because mig23 has radar mode that works close to ground

Oh lord, I thought you had that thing spaded already. Yeah, that’s a tough one. It is going to suck no matter what you do until you get those modifications.

It will get much better and by the time you do get the Ls you already know how to combat the aircraft you mention because I am sure you are getting better at evading. The Rs and Mig23 radars got that much better at low alt? Rs or Ts ?

Mig23 radar is notoriously crap btw irl and was not designed for low altitude performance it was designed to look up and find bombers. The R and T are not maneuverable at all irl. But hey its WT… I digress.

1 Like

Fitting name, do you happen to also main usa by any chance

2 Likes

That’s bunk, I’ve lunched missiles AIM-9Ls from rear aspect and they do amazing.

The F-16 wipes the floor with the mig-23.

1 Like

so tell me… when you sit in ka-52s do you actually think the vihkirs being able to target both air and ground vehicles at the same time is realistic or do you just not care?

The vihkir missile, can’t do both at the same time. The pilot has to set the target air or ground, on the ground,

Since when do you swap from ground to air midflight (and vice versa). I may have only done this only once in almost 2k battles